Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone Have Nitrous?
just wondering if anyone on the site has it and what shot they are using? you know the rest.

how the engine runs?
the gains?
overall opinion?
OFFICAL FC BABYSITTER
jarrod I been told we can get away with a 35 and 50 shot but 75 or over needs some build up on the engine.
I will let you know, I am building an engine for a customer running 14psi , meth water injection and and 150 shots of wet nitrous.

of course on a fully build block bottom and top.

A stock engine will handle a 75 shot no problems as long as its tuned and wet.
------------------------------------------------
-1991 Nissan Pulsar GTI-R
-2002 Red SVT focus # 2262 - sold
-2000 silver ZX3 - sold
sct :D
:huh: so u are saying i need a chip for 75 and greater?
OFFICAL FC BABYSITTER
talk to SVT Dean, he knows a lot about NAWZ
My other ride is your Mom
paolo,Mar 13 2005, 01:34 AM Wrote:talk to SVT Dean, he knows a lot about NAWZ
[right][snapback]93069[/snapback][/right]

lol...... statement of the year, he has a lips stick size bottle that feed a 15 shot dry or something like that.....

:huh:
------------------------------------------------
-1991 Nissan Pulsar GTI-R
-2002 Red SVT focus # 2262 - sold
-2000 silver ZX3 - sold
I haven't heard of anybody running more than 75 without a tune AND build up. Go on club focus. A few guys have blown seals and stuff running 100 with just a tune.
Run your car, not your mouth
Squatch and Tobyboom on Cf both ran 150shots. galen baked his motor and toby was running a built NA motor but dropped a valve while it was on the dyno at toms.

75 is the MAX on a stock motor.
35 shot is pretty much safe as safe can be if you have the A/F set right
50 shot is the benchmark and the engine can handle it for a long period of time with a RPM window switch and the A/F tuned propperly, a chip setup for the nitrous is a good idea, a NA chip with a 50shot has baked motors before.
what about the ZEX system? it runs a lil differently and guarantees the A/F to be perfect due to their control in the NMU???
OFFICAL FC BABYSITTER
I put a 75 shot on my Cavalier and it went not too bad. Noticed the differance in power from the 35 to 75 shot. Not sure how you they can gaurentee that the A/F will be perfect with the NMU??? There's no way of the NMU can find the A/F ratio and work around it in different RPMS. Also there is no set shot that people can or can't run it's whatever you perfer, and there's no such thing as a safe shot. Whatever your comfortable with than give it a try and prepare for the consiquences. I had guys telling me that anything more than 35 shot on my car it would Blow it up.
What makes your ZEX™ kit better than other brands?

Our kit is self regulating and adjusts fuel pressure according to bottle pressure.

It is TPS activated, which means no throttle switch brackets to rig up.

The control box houses the solenoid for a cleaner installation.

We include a one year warranty on our Zex kits.

The convenience of toll-free support.
Finally, we are confident that our kit is the easiest on the market to install.

Will your kit work on my car if it does not have a vacuum operated fuel pressure regulator?

No, our nitrous kit is not compatible in your application due to the absence of a vacuum ported fuel pressure regulator. The required fuel enrichment comes by way of this style of fuel pressure regulator.
OFFICAL FC BABYSITTER
a 75 shot of nitrous is like a hot chick with an STD. You wanna hit it, but you are afraid of the consequences.

I wouldn't recomend Nitrous to anyone however alot of companies (NOS, ZEX, Nitrous Express...) all state that a 25 to 50 shot is safe on stock 4cyls, 75 to 100 is safe on V6s, and a 100-125 shot is safe on V8's.
Join the Sedan Faction - You know you want to.
So if you hooked up a wideband do they gaurentee that the A/F ratio will be dead on.
Jarrods got me all thinking about nitrous now LOL.

Maybe one day I will do a 35 shot with the blower. Once I get the work done on the block and head.
I like Nitrous to the point I didn't want to keep refilling the bottle around here is 7 to 10 dollars a lb. It is fun and later down the road I wouldnt' mind getting another kit.