Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carbon Fiber Hood?
Since the carbon fiber hood dont include windsehild washer nozzels what is the deal to go about unhooking these?

Im sure its easy but I havent seen my car in 2 weeks and I wish not to see it. Maybe someone with a cf hood can fill me in. Its just something that popped in my head while in the shower LOL and now its bugging me...
ZX3TUNR,Feb 4 2005, 05:37 AM Wrote:Since the carbon fiber hood dont include windsehild washer nozzels what is the deal to go about unhooking these?

Im sure its easy but I havent seen my car in 2 weeks and I wish not to see it. Maybe someone with a cf hood can fill me in. Its just something that popped in my head while in the shower LOL and now its bugging me...
[right][snapback]83306[/snapback][/right]

I have my spray nozzles relocated to my wiper arms with some sort of universal kit. Works quite well. The windshield gets a uniform spray and I haven't froze up any lines and we've had some very cold days. Now I don't know where to get this kit since the bodyshop did it for me :ph34r: .

So to answer your question....I don't know :P ....but I'm sure it's not that hard.
You can drill the hood and install the washer nozzles like the stock hood, or leave them off (which would suck for functionality). I think you might be able to mount them to the underside of the hood, or else into the plastic lining between the hood and the windsheild.. those will be a little trial and error getting them to spray right though.
If i do get a c/f hood I want want to leave them off. Dont use them anyway.
well I don't know what hood you are getting but VIS cf hoods come with the nozzle holes pre cut. I can vouch for that. My new hood came in on wedneday ;)

from my understanding the OLD VIS hoods came with NO holes, but too many ppl were screwing them up or cracking the gel coat so now they come pre-cut.

[Image: hood.jpg]

so this is the hood here is a legend you can look at and decipher what is what:

As you look at the picture think of it as you are standing in front of your car and looking at the hood dead on.

(Right side = Driver)

Red Line: rubber hose that the fluid travels through, you will notice the hose travels down the right side (driver side) black box...

Black box: These are the hood hinges. The red hose travels down this hinge and into your fender where it joins up with your washer fluid resevoir tank.

Blue T & L: these are the plastic fittings, the first "T" is so that fluid goes to the driver side nozzle and continues on to the "L" which is on the passenger side.

Green Dots: plastic clips holding the rubber tubes to the hood.

The empty circles are supposed to be the nozzles themselves.

The plastic clips are a b1tch to get off. Good luck, go slow, don't break any.
Run your car, not your mouth
Hey! Jason why not just mount them
on your wipper arms I've seen it and
"I Like it!"

Rally cars use it and I know several gm vehicles come stock that way.
"Focus On The Road!"
I Love My Liquid Grey 2007 Focus ZX3 SE

Next: tint, front & rear bumpers...
Penwraith,Feb 4 2005, 09:33 AM Wrote:Hey!  Jason why not just mount them
on your wipper arms I've seen it and
"I Like it!"

Rally cars use it and I know several gm vehicles come stock that way.
[right][snapback]83329[/snapback][/right]

That's what I have (see earlier post)....works like a charm ;) .
Quote:I have my spray nozzles relocated to my wiper arms with some sort of universal kit. Works quite well. The windshield gets a uniform spray and I haven't froze up any lines and we've had some very cold days.

Ok this I am very interested in. My transam has this setup and unlike my ford stock sprayers...it doesn't hose down the people standing beside my car. I am going to have to hunt for this kit now. If you ever get the name from the bodyshop that did it please PM me it.
Join the Sedan Faction - You know you want to.
Haven't seen your car in 2 weeks, where is it??? Isn't it still in your garage at home???
ya at home. Just dont wanna see it else I will want to drive it lol

Ya ASS. If i did do anything c/f is would be a VIS or Carfon FX

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  05 Carbon Fiber Lip 05blackzx5 29 13,574 06-30-2012, 06:22 AM
Last Post: moon111
  Carbon Hood Fitment Issues drunkinmonkey 48 19,382 03-27-2009, 01:48 PM
Last Post: fatphocus
  Carbon Fiber Vinyl JAMUS 14 4,309 10-30-2008, 03:57 AM
Last Post: GFXjamie
  My Carbon Fiber Hood Wish... darkpuppet 7 3,027 01-07-2006, 05:17 AM
Last Post: Euro Ford Fan