Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Factory Fogs On A Stock Non Fog Bumper
I noticed some sedans have fog lights and some don't. I was gonna order the foglights off of ebay until I got a closer look at my bumper and realized the pie shaped holes are filled in with black plastic. Do I need to buy a new lower grille or a whole bumper to put in factory foglights or is there a way to do this without having to replace anything?

Join the Sedan Faction - You know you want to.
yes.. new lower grille, new headlight switch, and other misc wiring tidbits are required. There *IS* a writeup on how to do it, but.. there is also many ways of doing it properly, not just one, so finding an ideal way is mostly up to you.
My other ride is your Mom
ThraxXx,Feb 4 2005, 08:44 AM Wrote:I noticed some sedans have fog lights and some don't.  I was gonna order the foglights off of ebay until I got a closer look at my bumper and realized the pie shaped holes are filled in with black plastic.  Do I need to buy a new lower grille or a whole bumper to put in factory foglights or is there a way to do this without having to replace anything?
[right][snapback]83340[/snapback][/right]

I don't know the whole process but, after I destroyed my original bumper, I was examining the parts and I noticed that there is brackets and a clip on each side that holds the fog housings on.

You will most likely have to get the modified bottom grille piece, for a focus with fogs...

I could be wrong but, you need somewhere to clip the housings to...something tells me that it's more than just throwin them in .....

EDIT...

paolo's right....you will also need a upgraded switch to work the fogs...unless you will then be lookin at running a new switch..(extra)
Yes it can be done but like others said, its not a matter of buyoing foglights and hooking them up. You will need a lower grill that has the foglight casing in them. Im sure you could find somethingt at the wreckers for a reasonanble price.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
The lower grill has the fog mounts built into it.. shouldnt be hard to find a used one, since every hatchback and higher trim sedan/wagon has the same one. You could get an OEM switch and wire it to that, or just buy a little switch and mount it somewhere (like any aftermarket fog light installation).
I did it on my old SE. You can get the actual kit from Ford but its $$$ and so stupid to pay that much. Be better if you can find some one who would sell there old setup or find one off a totaled focus.

When i did mine I got the fogs from ebay. Then I just cut the grill. Its was a ghetto job lol