Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Site Needs A Favicon.ico (how's This One?)
Hi everyone! Happy New Year!

I have Focus Canada on my broswer's Bookmarks toolbar and a while back made myself a little 'focus canada' graphic to make it look nice 'n snazzy, as there is currently no 'favicon.ico' for the Focus Canada website!

I thought I'd create a .ico file to share - if the webmaster likes it, it could even be added to the server's root as 'favicon.ico' and instead of a 'blank page' icon showing in the address bar, you'd see this (larger version shown):
[Image: focuscanada.gif]
Right-click here and 'Save Link'/Target to download the .ico file.

Would look great especially if using Tabbed Browsing (Firefox, Opera, etc).
(note: if you use Firefox, get the handy 'favicon picker' extension to customize your bookmarks)
'00 ZX3, WW 'W-Typ' kit & 3-pc Wing, 17" CSA Ultra 5-spoke rims, Progress Springs, SPAX shocks & struts, MAC Intake.
very cool.
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
I feel the love.................Nice touch
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
nice!!!
:) Awesome.....
Hey Jason, thanks for installing the icon last night.
I was checking the boards today and noticed that the icon is not loading up (in the address bar/on a tab in a browser such as FF) when browsing the forums.

I wonder if the code snippet needs to be placed in the template for the forums so that it loads with each page.

Also weird - I checked in IE, and the first time I tried it the icon did not show up when accessing http://www.focuscanada.net - but does appear when clicking on the photo to access /forums/index.php
- when i tried it again, it seemed to work.

Can anyone else confirm what I've found?
'00 ZX3, WW 'W-Typ' kit & 3-pc Wing, 17" CSA Ultra 5-spoke rims, Progress Springs, SPAX shocks & struts, MAC Intake.