Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hp Guessing.
I want a rough idea of what HP and TQ I have... Alot have this set up so i sure someone can tell.

3pcs UDPs FC
65mm TB FC
AEM CAI
Matched ported Intake 2K
Year/Model?

How many APC stickers :lol:
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
I'll guess 5 to 7 more HP/ft-lbs ?

Not much but I'm sure you've noticed improved "responsiveness" (if that is even a word?). It feels like more than it is, you will have slightly better "times" (0-60 & 1/4 mile) but not as much as you think. When it comes to peak numbers you wouldn't notice much on any dyno.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
5spd or Auto?

5spd should be around 110whp, 115tq
Auto should be around 105whp, 112tq
2000 ZX3: KW coil-over/IceMan/FC UPD/Megaflow cat-back /energy bushing all over/Ported TB/home make ground wires

260000km and counting.....
They Claim........

UDP are about 4HP on average (only coming from the crank pulley, the other two pulleys are basically useless).

TB, mostly for response only but it's listed as a 5HP upgrade (would love to see proof of that on a dyno).

AEM CAI, also listed at a 4-5HP increase.

Intake Mani 2K, good for a couple HP stock, porting might add slightly.

You do the math but I highly highly doubt you would be getting that much of an increase total, the UDP will definitely add HP, TB is more of a throttle response thing and not really a HP increase IMO. CAI, you will get some increases but 5HP, I dunno about that and the 2K mani, it's definitely a couple HP and porting, who knows exactly.

Your probably getting somewhere around a +8HP increase.

tdot-zx3,Oct 21 2004, 09:33 PM Wrote:115
id say the same.

But you should notice a difference in how the car drives. If everything is done right, you should be happy with the end results as long as your not expecting some +25 horsepower in gains.... :lol:
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
They are good mods to do but I dont think you really gain anything. UDPs they say 3 HP, TB 4 HP but meh! Don't be expecting any big gains. Your going to get better throttle reponse and it does help. The more mods you do the better the gains will be at a price of course..
i say 115-120 hp at the wheels as well
about 118-123 tq at the wheel i guess...
2001 Yellow Focus ZX3
So WHats next Cams??
Is thier a Quite Exhaust out thier?
Cam gear help on Stock Cams?

If i do cams do i need Valves,Springs, Retainers?
Chromey,Oct 23 2004, 01:00 AM Wrote:So WHats next Cams??
Is thier a Quite Exhaust out thier?
Cam gear help on Stock Cams?

If i do cams do i need Valves,Springs, Retainers?
Yes: about $350US
Yes: yes FocusSport Stealth is one, there are others, about $4000US
Yes: the timing may be out right from the factory. Gear $ varies $150-$300

No, No, No (not at our hp/tq numbers)

Once everything is in and "tuned" be aware that you'll still only be 140 something HP. 5+5 does not equal ten in these situations.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
I think everyone here is talking WHP... Not Flywheel..

140 Flywheel sounds right...120 WHP if im Very lucky...

I Guess Im Gunna look into a full exhaust, Header back...

I would like to see 10whp out of it alone.
Yes everyone here does talk wheel HP but you can get 140+WHP with all of the above* if it is dyno tuned.

There was a couple examples of that already, french connection for one. Thats about as far as you get with all the typical "bolt-ons". Beyond that you are FI or equally serious and expensive stuff like head work.

*forgot to add high-flow cat & long tube header will probably be required. BTW, I'm not the most experienced guy here but I try to help best I can.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
Ya.. Long tube header and cams are the only mods that really do much.

The rest are all little gains here/there mods.
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
Hmmm, wonder then if stuff like either a Fidanza or FC machined flywheel and chromoly driveshafts will reduce transmission losses...that and/or an aftermarket clutch or replacing the final drive gearset might make the power transfer more efficient? That stuff can be pricey though...after seeing what bigger rims and tires do (sometimes reduce power output at the wheels because of the extra unsprung weight and rotating mass, needing more power to rotate), maybe all of those bolt-ons will only bring a car back to stock specs...

Hmm, maybe we should all just have awesome brakes and handling then, and annoy the heck out of high-hp cars in the twisties and/or traffic...hehehe... B)
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
sometimes ppl post baseline dyno of stock focus and its 106whp.. sometimes its 115whp.. and some people get gains from fiddling around with the stock cams.. so i'm thinking the 'gains' ppl are getting might just come from the cams being set properly to TDC when the timing belt is put back on.

and when they do the dyno for some of these products we don't know if there is an enormous fan pointed straight at the cone filter blowing cold air on the 'after' run

i'm thinking for modifications like those its more for the fun of playing with you car rather than actually getting more performance..
Throw on an exhaust and some cam gears, get them tuned and you should have ~120whp.

Put on some cams and a race header, ~135-140whp
Sorry, are these figures with APC stickers coz I got 1 sticker! :lol:
FastFord (March 2005)
Performance Ford (November 2005)
FastFord Thrash (January 2008)
Modified Nationals Top 25 (2005,2006)
FastFord (May 2009)
FastFord RS V ST Thrash (June 2009)