Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Racing Seats
Who cares if it never ran. It's GORGEOUS! That is THE nicest wagon I have ever seen. Completely awesome. Love everything they did to it. Absolutely everything.
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
2001zts ... I was going to do the 4 racing seats in my car. Its why my seats were never touched... saving the money so I could buy 4 sparcos at once.

Freddy has it done in his car.. thats where I got the idea, after talking to him.

Focused had a picture of his car from sema in his gallery. Yellow focus with alot of CF all over the place. (bumper, fenders, hood... etc)
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
corbeau makes a bracket for the focus. perfect fit.
just remember you get what you pay for.
cheap seats are not certified or tested like the expensive ones. many are not DOT approved and legal for use on the streets... get into an accident adn your insurance on personal injury can be voided and then you are f**ked!!!

i wont buy crap just like i wont sell it.
i've tried the cheap stuff and it is NOTHING compared to the stuff it is copying.
Sparco > knock-offs
Recaro > knock-offs
Cobra > knock-offs

Corbeau = better than the knock-offs but still not = to the above brands.
Are you trying to say that corbeau makes a crappy seat? Might have something to say about that.

TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
Whoa, easy on the language.

We get the point, if you don't sell it, its s**t. :blink:
01-yellow-ZX3,Nov 16 2004, 12:14 AM Wrote:Whoa, easy on the language.

We get the point, if you don't sell it, its s**t.
LMAO I was thinking the same thing but didn't wanna say it. Obviously I don't have the cash to buy great seats because if I did I would ge the top of the line leather race seats that are heated and wipe my ass when I take a s**t. Reality is that I'm poor and the focus's last problem is going to be the seats.
I want SVT recaros.... someone should sell me some
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
scoobasteve,Nov 16 2004, 09:32 AM Wrote:I want SVT recaros....  someone should sell me some
[right][snapback]70107[/snapback][/right]

thats serious bling..
go to a wreckers and buy the seat cover off them? scrounge around FJ for someone selling a stock seat? go on fordparts.com and try to get the seat cover at dealer cost?

IMHO fabricating the seat bracket yourself should not be an option unless you have some serious experience with that stuff.. seats are a safety item just like seat belts.. would you trust your own seatbelts in a crash? if no.. better not trust your own seat brackets..

i agree with the guy who posted that you get what you pay for... especially with a safety item.. i think its worth it to spend the extra $$

Ok what are the cheapest brand name reclinable seats I can get?
It's funny how many of us think alike. If he doesn't sell it, it's s**t.........I couldn't stop laughing.

Maybe Mitch figured out that I didn't buy the FC flex pipe from him because I bought a better brand. You don't sell top of the line Mitch. And that's all that goes into this car.

TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
01-yellow-ZX3,Nov 16 2004 Wrote:Whoa, easy on the language.

We get the point, if you don't sell it, its s**t.  :blink:
[right][snapback]70064[/snapback][/right]
sorry, I could not think of a better word that would so perfectly describe the situation you would be in if you got into an accident, were seriously injured because of the cheap seat and your insurance was voided because the seats were not certified.... "screwed" just would do that situation justice. :)

meford4u,Nov 17 2004, 04:04 AM Wrote:It's funny how many of us think alike.  If he doesn't sell it, it's s**t.........I couldn't stop laughing.

Maybe Mitch figured out that I didn't buy the FC flex pipe from him because I bought a better brand.  You don't sell top of the line Mitch.  And that's all that goes into this car.
[right][snapback]70237[/snapback][/right]

:rolleyes:

i didn't say, "if i don't sell it, it's s**t"
i just said i wouldn't sell "s**t" but thanks for putting words in my mouth for me.
there is a reason cheap parts are cheap, they are not tested or certified, they were not deisgned they were copied and there is nothing really protecting you in the case of seats.

the FC cat is cheaper because they didn't spend the money on the CARB certifacation like Random tech did. did i ever once say it was a better cat? i said it was a better buy for the money as we don't need CARB legal stuff up here. they both do the same thing, the Cat FC has the same cleanning effect and ability of the Random tech unit.

and i didn't say Corbeau makes a crappy seat, once again, thank you for putting words in my mouth. i said they they were better than what seems to populate the market but not nearly as good as a Sparco, Cobra or Recaro. i have owned Corbeau seats in the past and i did not like them. the quality, fit and finish is not on the same levle as a Sparco or Recaro. Corbeau seats are tested and certified unlike most other seats out there which is nice but what can i say, they don't compare to the likes of a Sparco or similar seat.

like most places, i don't sell a lot of Sparco seats because of the price. there are too many cheap options out there and most people would rather not drop $1000+cnd on one seat. but i could not in good conscince even consider suggesting someone buy one. if you want to, more power to you, but that's your choice.

oh and "if only top of the line stuff goes into your car" why are you defending Corbeau? :P

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apc Racing Seats girard.k 9 3,109 02-20-2008, 05:48 AM
Last Post: ZX3_2NV