Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Is Ford Think?
As gas price shoot over the top this day almost all car maker is fighting for the compact mkt. And one way to capture this mkt is with performance version. I saw a adv last nite even the boring toyota is coming up with a 170hp Corolla and Ford decide to kill the SVT? Nice move Ford. Other example is the same fvcking 2.3L in M3 have more HP and it is in focus, whats the logic behind that? And C1 perform?
Golf, Neon, WRX, Mazada speed, Lancer, GM, Toyota, Honda, BMW 1, Audi, Volvo..etc all have 180hp+ compact car, and us Focus owner need lot of work and $ to get our 2L engine to reach 120whp. That is sad.
2000 ZX3: KW coil-over/IceMan/FC UPD/Megaflow cat-back /energy bushing all over/Ported TB/home make ground wires

260000km and counting.....
well the ZX4 is 150... still a POS... but still
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
That Corrola XRS has been around for a while now.

however, I heard they are axing the Celica.
Oh, really? I don't know that.
BTW, Celica is really a 2 seater. I mean car that have a back seat that can actually fit people in.
2000 ZX3: KW coil-over/IceMan/FC UPD/Megaflow cat-back /energy bushing all over/Ported TB/home make ground wires

everyone wants more power, if the cars had 200 stock people would whine for more its a simple thing want want want
2005 ZX4 SOLD! ST; 1992 Mustang 5.0L S/C

[Image: lakemitchellsml.jpg][Image: burnout1sml.jpg]
(in regards to performance) we are not Ford's target market for the regular foci(non-SVT). It's fuel economy with a great suspension/chasis. We just see past that and say... shiat, let's make 300fwhp to the ground and race the fawker :D
2004 SVT 3Dr

STKVSTDA
I'm happy with the power, is more than adequate for the car. Hope to see in the future more fuel economy...
As long as we have 100km/h as a maximum limit, there is no need for more. The acceleration is decent, I seldom use 3/4 of the capabilities.

And... I have a feeling I am not the only one... :-(
its too bad ford went half a$$ with the focus.. i think they should have made the 'SVT' motor the standard motor in the ZX3 and ZTS and the optional motor in the SE, and not bothered with the SVT motor altogether. and offered a stripped down and lightened version (like the neon ACR) it would have been nice if they kept the firmer european suspension as standard too..

and umm.. i think quite a few minivans accelate better than the focus.. that's pretty sad
naz,Nov 12 2004, 01:06 AM Wrote:its too bad ford went half a$$ with the focus.. i think they should have made the 'SVT' motor the standard motor in the ZX3 and ZTS and the optional motor in the SE, and not bothered with the SVT motor altogether. and offered a stripped down and lightened version (like the neon ACR) it would have been nice if they kept the firmer european suspension as standard too..

and umm.. i think quite a few minivans accelate better than the focus.. that's pretty sad
Not to mention a Toyota Echo. ;)
haha yea.. forgot about the echo! the ultimate econobox is faster than ford's 'sport' compact hahaha
Man Im slowly giving up on this freakin company, I think they should concentrate more on the car market not just the trucks, suvs and vans.
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
BrooksZX3,Nov 11 2004, 01:52 PM Wrote:(in regards to performance) we are not Ford's target market for the regular foci(non-SVT). It's fuel economy with a great suspension/chasis.
I re-iterate. Performance was not the objective of the focus (non-SVT) period. It is a world based economy car. Europe is fortunate enough to have more of that style of performance oriented heritage and following than NA. Don't make the car or the company out to be something the're not, then be upset when it doesn't conform to your desires. I love everything about my shitbox because I understand the whole picture.

Sorry, just sick and tired of hearing how much some guys dislike Ford and the Focus. Just understand what you're getting ahead of time, obviously excluding the lemons. If you want something faster and for less money then go trade it in on the echo and be happier.
2004 SVT 3Dr

STKVSTDA
The Auto mkt now a day is all SUV/Compact, why? Because man think 4wd/awd is safer so they buy it for their family and doggie + SUV have room for all the toy outing need. And people buy compact because todays compact is as big as Honda accord 10yrs ago and 4banger usually save gas. In order to capture the market you have to have something to market, how? "optional 170hp engine, sport suspension...etc for $19999(after rebate)" something along the line. For general public, I think more people will choose a corrola over a focus. Corrola is dirt cheap, Toyota name, sporty image(170hp), better gas milage. Got the pic yet?

Naz I agree with you on the fact that I think they should have offered a stripped down focus as well.

Chassis is already good, just lighten it, put svt suspension stock (but then again I would rip that out anyways)... and a couple breather mods etc.

The focus would be sooooo much better as a 2300-2400pound hatch.
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.