Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Help With Tunning In Montreal
hi guys.

new here~!!! nice fourm , I am in Montreal. I have zx3 with vortech aftercooler kit , Focus sport exauhst, Focus central T/B and race hearder with cat cams first stage. With the A/F ration average 9.8:1 I pulled about 225 WHP and 195 Wtq.

It is killing me that i can;t find a good way to tune my car. BTW Diablo sucks. I trusted them again and again, They screwed me everytime.

Anyway, I need help to find a dyno tuning shop for my focus near montreal( maximum 7 hours driving).

min~~
Come to Ottawa and go see tappauto.

http://www.tappauto.com. I think they have experience in tuning the focus.

BTW, Welcome to the club.

EDIT: Nice numbers BTW. B)
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
I called them, And they can't really tune my car since i don't have a single fuel management system. I want to know anyshop that have the diablo or supership software that can tune my focus
loverpig,Sep 1 2004, 01:25 PM Wrote:I called them, And they can't really tune my car since i don't have a single fuel management system. I want to know anyshop that have the diablo or supership software that can tune my focus
Call Tom.

http://www.focus-power.com

I think hes your best bet right now.

OR

Buy the SCT Pro Racger package. Then Tappauto will be able to tune your car.

$1100 CND, it ain't cheap.

EDIT: The website seems to be down right now. I'll find his direct #.

EDIT: 704-827-0032
where is his shop located
loverpig,Sep 1 2004, 04:35 PM Wrote:where is his shop located
Far far away....but he's had a lot of success with the mail-order chips...isnt the best way, but he'll know how to help you out. Give him a shout.

I think his shop is in Oregon....
http://www.steeda.ca can make you a custom chip on the dyno and they are just beside toronto if I am right.

give them a shoot. ;)

(talked to you before on the focaljet) where you are Minlala right ;)
------------------------------------------------
-1991 Nissan Pulsar GTI-R
-2002 Red SVT focus # 2262 - sold
-2000 silver ZX3 - sold
Call GT Performance, they have a chassis dyno.

GT Performance
107-1320 Gay Lussac
Boucherville, PQ

(450) 449-4947

No need to go half-way across the country. If they can't help you, PM me; I'll find someone who can.
french_connection,Sep 1 2004, 08:44 PM Wrote:http://www.steeda.ca can make you a custom chip on the dyno and they are just beside toronto if I am right.

give them a shoot. ;)

(talked to you before on the focaljet) where you are Minlala right ;)
actualy, its not everything to have a dyno, you need a guy who can tune a car properly and that can get you the chip and has the software to do it right, steeda has all of thoses.

call them and speak with them you'll see. :)
-2000 silver ZX3 - sold
Thanks guys~~

I don't know about steeda.ca , but i heard that they has some bad reputation.
I know a couple of dyno shops but none of them can tune my focus with either diablo or SCT software.
racerbiotch2004@yahoo.com

he sell a pectel for 1000$ brand new, e-mail him.
-2000 silver ZX3 - sold
I'd love to help you out if possible... can't say much for my tuning ability, but I have been playing with the SCT pro racer software, and have datalogging facilities.

focussport from the states, tom or even diablo should be able to set you up with a decent mail order chip if you can datalog the right properties.. talk with them, see what they would need to know, and maybe we can arrange to meet up at a shop and pull a dyno with the datalogging they need to get you a proper mail order tune.

With the right information, mail order tunes will be near to dead on, and you'll save a bit of money not having to buy the software, pay for lots of shop time, etc.

$140 worth of dyno time, $300 for a tune from focussport or steeda and you can be done.

in theory.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

I called randy in Focus Sport, he will help me out. but i don't really trust mail tunning now. I spend over 600 dollors on dyno only with diablo. Literally i hate them.

Darkpupet, I wanna ask that what does the data logger looks like. In montreal, there are two dyno shops, one is using dynapack, one is using dynojet. Which one should trust. I always go to the dynapack one, they gives out really good and detailed information.
loverpig,Sep 1 2004, 12:30 PM Wrote:hi guys.

new here~!!! nice fourm , I am in Montreal. I have zx3 with vortech aftercooler kit , Focus sport exauhst, Focus central T/B and race hearder with cat cams first stage. With the A/F ration average 9.8:1 I pulled about 225 WHP and 195 Wtq.

It is killing me that i can;t find a good way to tune my car. BTW Diablo sucks. I trusted them again and again, They screwed me everytime.

Anyway, I need help to find a dyno tuning shop for my focus near montreal( maximum 7 hours driving).

min~~
dude i told you tappauto on clubfocusquebec hehehhe.. now you got more than one vouch for em :P

and they do tune the SCT.. that IS your fuel management (and timing and everything else too) .. they will sell you the chip if you need it.. they might even be able to make you a SCT base chip but tune it on dyno.. you wont have control over your things but they will during dyno (and it'll cost ya half the price than the SCT pro).. I would give them a call back.. as I know they have dyno tuned an Aerocharged focus before with the Pectel.. but the SCT would be pretty much the same (not real time)..
ZX3T gone..