Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Installing Led's
Hey I just bought 4 LED's that I want to hook and place in the air vents. The only problem is, is that I have no knowledge of wiring. If any body could post info on which wires to splice into etc it would be greatly appreciated. I would like to try to do it myself rather than pay someone to do it if it's fairly simple.

Thanks
A trailer park is no place to raise kitties!
[Image: Season3Pic.jpg]
PM ASS about that hes the previous msaster of the LED's ;)
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
Yeah that's a pretty cool mod. I've been trying to figure out how to wire them into the dash lights so they dim if I dim the speedo and whatnot.
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
Al I can help ya with that , that is exactly how mine are wired up. If people ever have qestions or concerns about leds just let me know and I'll walk ya through it step by step. All you have to supply me with is the voltage rating of the led.
2010 Hyundai Genesis 2.0T GT
2008 Jetta Sedan
2007 Colorado
2006 Jetta Wagon TDI (Totalled) (Monkey in the middle on 400)
2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart (Totalled)
2000 ZX3 (Darknights 2nd place Focus)
Blackzx3,Aug 1 2004, 04:40 PM Wrote:Al I can help ya with that , that is exactly how mine are wired up. If people ever have qestions or concerns about leds just let me know and I'll walk ya through it step by step. All you have to supply me with is the voltage rating of the led.
Cool Ben. Lemme know when you're free one day and we'll do it. I also gotta wire up those damned power locks (after over a year :P)
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
Its the orange/blue wire or the orange/black. I forget which one.
Run your car, not your mouth
Hey, that does sound like a cool mod... maybe you could do a tutorial for it, and post it in the tutorial section. Just an idea.
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - 4 * 6x8 Pioneer 3Way Speakers, 1 * Kenwood 10 pounder, 1 * R.F 200 Watt AMP, Panasonic 783U Deck, Steeda.ca Short Shifter, Pedals, CAI. Soon to come magnaflow exaust, throttle body, SCT Chip with Steeda Tune, 1 X R.F 1200 Watt 4 channel amp.
http://www.focushacks.com/index.php?modid=34

Tutorial ^^^
That tutorial is only good if you are using 12V leds. If you use ones from an electronics store usually 4-5V each and wire them up that way. Then your going to have little puffs of smoke coming out of each vent when you throw the switch.

When al and I do this mod I'll make sure to take step by step pictures and write up a tutorial.
2010 Hyundai Genesis 2.0T GT
2008 Jetta Sedan
2007 Colorado
2006 Jetta Wagon TDI (Totalled) (Monkey in the middle on 400)
2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart (Totalled)
2000 ZX3 (Darknights 2nd place Focus)
that tutorial is perfectly fine. Throw in a in-line resistor to bring the V down to the level that your led can handle, ask the guy at the elec shop your buying them from, he'll give you exactly what ya need.
Thanks for all the info guys. I should have it all working in the next couple of days and I'll post some pics.
A trailer park is no place to raise kitties!
[Image: Season3Pic.jpg]