Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sds...
I was looking through a buddies box of turbo parts and he was telling me he was going with SDS for tuning and such. Just wondering if some one can give me some more info about it?
Its just another standalone ... vw guys use it alot.
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
You know that white SC2 I showed you. Thats what he is using same with this guy running boost on his Miata. They both told me this is the same setup I should go. Any idea how this would work with the Focus.

Correct me if this is wrong. I thinking how it works is on the SDS there is two controllers.. One to set when for it to kick in and one to set how much fuel to feed. What ever it be. Then with a digital air fuel ratio meter i adjust the settings till the fuel ratio shows the number i want? Am I at all close lol Sorry im still learning...

Plus what is that number on the Focus I want to show up in that digital display...What are the down falls of doings SDS.. Is it more easier, safer?
SDS is like .. close to a grand. So its not "cheap" .. but still...

I forget how it works off the top of my head, but the early stage sds (the cheaper ones) are limited in certain areas if i remember ... Me and jay talked about this but im so lost right now ...

Ill try and find some info on vortex for you.
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
I heard that fuel/timing mapping wasn't the best for our car.. maybe not precise enough but that was mostly Tom talking so it might work fine.. maybe just not 110%.. ;)

Something like the tables are like 2x 2d graph instead of 1x 3d.. anyway, really not sure.. but im sure it could work

My buddy has it on his mk2 2.0T setup.. works fine on his! but has someone else mentioned, its a little more than 1000$.. and you can get some extras here and there.. injectors.. you can slipt a programmer between friends though
ZX3T gone..
SDS is like 1700$ CDN. ($1650 EM-4F 4 cyl EFI system with dual coil ignition control no coils
)

Then you need to get a crank wheel modified with the crank trigger wheel.

SDS is more....simple

I think it's too simple for a Focus, I know exactly what Rob was talking about when he mentioned this system.

What I suggest is looking into the Perfect Power SMT-6. I installed and used this unit..SO easy.

It still uses the MAF sensor just intercepts the signal.

The "good" thing about this unit is it's designed to be a extra injector controller. That's how every shop here that uses it installes the system. They use either stock or slightly bigger injectors in stock rail, then you add 4 extra injectors (1 per intake mani runner) then you just wire in a map sensor (get off a honda or whatever) and then you just add fuel per PSI...very easy.

This unit is like 600$..not bad.

I dunno, just some suggestions.
A number of XR owners run the SDS it's very easy to install my last took a little over an hour and the car was running again. Tuning is basic and simple.

Overall it a good system except for my biggest gripe you only get one map.

I wanted the option of selecting maps for different uses so that why I got the F.A.S.T system but the SDS is pretty good. The fast was about $2200 and the SDS was $1600.
I have a few cars.

One for my dog.
One that has no roof.
One that looks good parked at the golf course.
One that is being rebuilt by a guy named Nero..... will it ever be done?