Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eibach Did It Again !
Man oh Man,

Well I finished my sway bars install the other night and I went for a little test drive. At that time I only had the stock 15" Rims and tires. What a good difference that made.

Then on Saturday I installed my new 17" Konig Rims and Falken GB Fk451 tires....went for another test drive and Holly s**t ! What a difference !

I can't beleive the handling now. It's just night and day.

Just though I'd let you guys know that everything went well.

The front sway bar is a major PITA to install but I got it in and it was all worth it.
The rear was a peice of cake.

I'm amazed on how good this turned out.

I would recommend this MOD to anyone anyday ! :)

Oh I forgot to mention that I do have Eibach Sportline Springs !

Steeda,
14.5@93 (ZEX Wet 55Shot)
If you really want it to be good toss those springs and get some pro race!!

Then you would have a monster!
I have a few cars.

One for my dog.
One that has no roof.
One that looks good parked at the golf course.
One that is being rebuilt by a guy named Nero..... will it ever be done?
H&Rs would be nice
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
Do you guys really think that switching springs, it would make a even bigger difference ?

I've heard really good things about the H&R srings, do you guys have like specs on their different models for what type of drop they have. I really like the drop on my sportsline but if I could go a tad lower with the same ride quality I'd defenitly do the swap !

Thanks for the responses guys !

F6
14.5@93 (ZEX Wet 55Shot)
do you have the stock dampers on the car still? you might need to change those soon....
I did this mod...with the FK springs struts and dampers....

this is a excellent street suspension and with the right tires as good as all but the best on the track.....

sway bars should be installed as a "balanced set " usually from the same manufacturer (as you did) as potential to screw up cars tendencies (particularily on turn in ) is very real...the idea being that you want balance and predictability ....there is a mind cramping amount of tech out there on this....leave it up to the better producers of the products to figure this out as you could end up very unhappy when you cream a curb with your rear wheels cause your rear sway bar is too big...

just some food for thought...
CD silver 03zx5,wings west type w, hella projectors,painted SVt upper grill, Grillcraft lower grill,clear corners,clear upper brake light, team dynamic 15 spoke x 17" rims,Kumho 712's 215/40,pacesetter header,magnaflow cat back,FC 65mm tb,RactiveCAI,MSD dis2 ignition,Tayler Vertex wires,SHM udp,Ractive upper strut tower brace,FK hitec suspension with springs/dampers-35/40 drop,Eibach front/rear anti sway bars,Steeda short throw shifter,Momo race air leather knob and e-brake handle,custom fiberglass upper dash with AC el -glow oil pressure/volt gauges,el-glow face gauges
random thought came to mind.. 22mm front bar and 25mm rear bar.. if you go with a 'race' spring from eibach or h&r, whoever.. you might run into a situation where your car will have a tendency to snap oversteer when you lift throttle or brake mid corner.. it might be dangerous depending on how you drive or what your experience level is...

naz,Jun 19 2004, 07:50 PM Wrote:random thought came to mind.. 22mm front bar and 25mm rear bar.. if you go with a 'race' spring from eibach or h&r, whoever.. you might run into a situation where your car will have a tendency to snap oversteer when you lift throttle or brake mid corner.. it might be dangerous depending on how you drive or what your experience level is...
yea ...this could be exactly what would happen if springs too tight,dampers too hard ....the actual size of the Eibach front and rear (as Naz quoted) I dont think is inherantly the problem,but perhaps a symptom of the suspension not "matching". If you just throw a bunch of expensive parts down there the result , if not done with a substantial amount of care in selection ,could be rather ....well ....dangerous.
this is the very reason manufactured "matched sets " of springs and dampers will allways be an excellent default route to take if you dont want to learn the considerable amount of tech that goes with this kind of thing.

as Naz says and I agree, it will change the characteristics of the cars handling....idealy you would be looking for a good balance in your suspension rather than a roll call of expensive parts ...

just some more food for thought...
CD silver 03zx5,wings west type w, hella projectors,painted SVt upper grill, Grillcraft lower grill,clear corners,clear upper brake light, team dynamic 15 spoke x 17" rims,Kumho 712's 215/40,pacesetter header,magnaflow cat back,FC 65mm tb,RactiveCAI,MSD dis2 ignition,Tayler Vertex wires,SHM udp,Ractive upper strut tower brace,FK hitec suspension with springs/dampers-35/40 drop,Eibach front/rear anti sway bars,Steeda short throw shifter,Momo race air leather knob and e-brake handle,custom fiberglass upper dash with AC el -glow oil pressure/volt gauges,el-glow face gauges
Sounds good boyz, I guess I'll be ordering some eibach pro-dampers next week.

I know that the stock ones a shot. I'll do the swap next week and I'll let you know how it went.

Thanks for the feedback guys !

Steeda,
14.5@93 (ZEX Wet 55Shot)