Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Silverstars = Junk!
I put in a set of silverstars like 2 months ago and ones burnt out already. I love the look of them when they work but for the price you think they would last longer.
I did a search to see if anyone else has had this problem and did'ent come up with much. Has anyone else had problems?
Black 2001 ZX3-Panasonic H/U, Kenwood amp (don't know how many watts), 10" RF Punch sub (good enough for the music I listen to)
Falken ZIEX ZE-512's
My PIAA did the same...back to stock for me.
Official s**t Disturber of Focuscanada.net!!!

PROUD FOUNDER of the Groß Oberlippenbart Klub
this seems to be a very common occurance.. that the silverstars just don't last. I can't comment on their longevity personally, but if you replace with another set, make sure you clean the bulbs of all grease, fingerprints, etc... try your best to not touch the bulb with your fingers.

Dirt on the bulb greatly reduces the life of a bulb.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Im going on to 2 months with my emtecs....
Aren't Silverstars warrantied for a year or something along those lines?
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
Quote:Aren't Silverstars warrantied for a year or something along those lines?

I doubt they are if they "fell off the back of a truck" ;) :angry:
Black 2001 ZX3-Panasonic H/U, Kenwood amp (don't know how many watts), 10" RF Punch sub (good enough for the music I listen to)
Falken ZIEX ZE-512's
One of my silverstars survived a shattered fog light housing due to taking a rock, then driving home 90kms in the pouring rain. I was impressed it still worked after being exposed like that.
i've been using them in my car for over 6months no problem at all!!

Although sylvania doens't have a warranty themselves on this bulb [nor do i obviously], i heard that if you call them and complain, they will issue a coupon for you to get a new bulb!

biggest thing is not to touch the glass, and use a little di-electric grease on the base contacts.

I'm over 2 months on my silverstars...no issues...

however...these bulbs are nothing special...in fact...they are over-rated...and over-priced!!

I had StreetGlo bulb in for over 14 months and they kicked ass....for $30.00 they are a real great bulb!!!
i've had my silverstar blubs since september and no problem.
'03 Focus SVT
Damn that sucks I've had mine for about 5 months now and no problems.