Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whos Exhaust?
Who was the crazy loud orange focus with wrc front? What was he all running because that car was crazy loud.

I plan on getting a race header, and remove the cat...then of course i will have to add a resonator.. I decided to hold off on Turbo or S/C going a different route.
Thats the one and only 'crazy-bob' a.k.a. Rubberman
Ahh yes.. I need to know what he was running?
hmmm i think he's completley stock just with a gutted interior....

oh wait he does have a bit of other stuff too...... mbrp cat back focussport race header and flex and a welded in cat......hermhoff i think... as far as other mods just the basics with a cam ...
How you liking it. Im also going after the race header how ever no cat for me..
i dont mind noise...... to be honest the cams actually make a big difference in noise... i didnt figure they would untill when they were way out of tune at the dyno i figure it had to be a good 20 db quieter than normal... as far as driving around i think i tend to speed more because of the noise cause i cant stand the drone.... as far as power goes the car pulls hard for a n/a focus.... i think i might stay n/a then sometimes i think nitrous would be cool for the track..... i dunno i'm not a real good driven in the grand scheme of things and you can only screw up so much going in a straight line......

i would definetly put the cat on tho a good high flo cat will keep it at least somewhat legal without really affecting performance

i guess if you can stand the noise they are worth it if not your gonna have to cough up a bit extra to get it quieted down
I am in Sask and there is no law saying we have to have a cat. Its just the noise factor of it im sketched out about but I know things can get quiet if you put in the extra $$$.

Reason why im going NA instead is for what Im using my car for Im not looking for any serious power. Im shooting for 190-200 plus I dont want to have to deal with the maintenance of a turbo or supercharger. Im not quite ready for that yet.

What kind of high flow cat are you using? Its a race header you got right? If I did go along with a cat I dont want to waste my money on a cheap one then end up burning it out. I want to gain as much HP as possible but at the same time filter some of the noise without loosing any. LOL :lol: I wouldnt mind going a day with just header then full exahust LOL Just to see how loud it would be. Im wondering it I should go cat then also add a resonator? That would quiet it down a bit. How ever I have heard some people have done this and when they ended up putting in the resonator it made a really nasty sound :lol: