Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PS and the track
So now that I've had two track weekends with the new car three things really stand out:

One: it handles and brakes wonderfully and draws a lot of attention from the BMW crowd, especially the Americans ... having said that, a larger front sway bar (still stock ZX5) and slightly lower springs would be welcome

Two: you don't need a lot of horsepower to be really fast at Mosport ... on Sunday I had a Porsche 944 driver come over to thank me for a very entertaining 10 laps while he tried to prevent me from passing after I had caught him (I eventually did) ... and only the most serious machines are faster than I am.

Three: the reputation for power steering issues associated with high performance driving are not overstated ... I've already had to change a pump, and I've had to create a new high pressure hose (looks purty) and relocate it away from the SVT header, and I've changed to Redline full synthetic PS fluid.

And still I can't believe how hot it gets.

So ... I'm looking for suggestions on PS cooling ... location, part numbers, ducting ... who's done it ... where and how.

Thanks guys.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *