Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oracal CF Vinyl wrap
Got a hold of some of this stuff, its like the 3M dicnoc vinyl wrap, just less $$.

here's a pic of it beside some real CF cloth.

[Image: IMG_4768.jpg]

Heres a before shot

[Image: IMG_1285.jpg]

After

[Image: IMG_4766.jpg]

I think I may redo it to line up the panels a little better, also cover the 4-way hazard button also. I really like working with this stuff, much less messier & easier than the real deal.
Im going to wrap a zetec valve cover in this, anyone in the Ottawa area wanna test it out? I wanna see how it will handle the heat.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
That look great man. Nice work. I agree with you wanting to line up the panels.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
Does the stuff have much bend? I got some carbon-fibre vinyl from MaxPlus! for a review sample. Looked great but only on flat surfaces, not much give. Didn't last in the sun either.
umm.
pm me but I might be interested in testing it out and i'm in the area. as a bonus with the warm weather my car is running super hot.
2003 Focus ZX5 Racecar/Perma broke/Storage
2011 Volkswagen Jetta Daily Driver
Looks great!
Saw someone on FJ do there mirror caps with it on a black car and it also looked great.
(02-19-2011, 10:57 AM)moon111 Wrote: Does the stuff have much bend? I got some carbon-fibre vinyl from MaxPlus! for a review sample. Looked great but only on flat surfaces, not much give. Didn't last in the sun either.

lots of bend, you use a heat gun to apply it, lots of stretch to it.

Did some pieces in the engine bay today

[Image: IMG_4770.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4773.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4772.jpg]
(02-19-2011, 12:42 PM)Flofocus Wrote:
(02-19-2011, 10:57 AM)moon111 Wrote: Does the stuff have much bend? I got some carbon-fibre vinyl from MaxPlus! for a review sample. Looked great but only on flat surfaces, not much give. Didn't last in the sun either.

lots of bend, you use a heat gun to apply it, lots of stretch to it.

Did some pieces in the engine bay today

[Image: IMG_4770.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4773.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4772.jpg]

Looooks diiiirty bro... Where did u pick it up?
http://www.3dcarbonworks.com/
(02-19-2011, 12:44 AM)Focus man. Focus. Wrote: That look great man. Nice work. I agree with you wanting to line up the panels.

To my taste the pattern is a bit too strong for the interior, but I love the way it looks under the hood - wonder how long it will look that good in that kind of hostile environment.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
theres a guy on the local suby board with his alternator cover done and its been holding up so far, but my car will see more heat than his once I hit the track days, I'll be curious how it holds up.
looks nice flow. how hard is it to bend around the corners with this stuff?

The Valve Cover also looks nice, when did you get the subbie? are there any known issues with this stuff like peeling or melting and high temperature areas like engine bays? if not, it looks great.
My other ride is your Mom
That engine bay rocks. Awesome. Love the CF look. Checked the link you gave. Way cheaper then prices I had look at before. Probably 3M stuff. Do my whole car LOL, cheaper then new paint!
yeah...3m stuff is 3-4 times more than this oracal brand. The company is Ottawa based, so I didnt pay the ridiculous shipping fees.
very nice job on the engine bay, but you may have problems with the heat it will start peeling around edges and at hight heat temperature the carbon fiber with loose its texture, but i could be wrong i'v never used the oracal cf, i'v been installing wraps for 7 years and 3m dynoc for 3, to prevent it from peeling clean with 99% alcohol and use a 3m tape primer get it at any sign shop that do wraps, and do not stretch the vinyl it all has memory and will peel up.
so far so good with the under hood wraps. put on about 600km of use. the real test will be at the track.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best Vinyl wrap services swordfish415 1 1,654 06-21-2013, 11:25 PM
Last Post: drunkinmonkey