Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clutch hydraulics - HELP!!!
Alright, so we went to bleed the clutch tonight, aiming to get Subsonic on the road tomorrow. It turns out that the hydraulic line between the firewall and the transmission might have been the culprit the entire time. This paths out when we consider that there was no fluid on the surface of the clutch itself (Factory) when removed.

Does anyone know what that part number is for the Zetec with the MTX75? Approximate cost? How hard is it to change?

Soooo mad right now. I was quite ready to fire up the car tonight and now this.

Thanks guys!
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
if the svt one is same you can have the one off this second parts car....if your talking about the hose. I would however suspect either a) feedline from brake resevoir to master cyl, or b) the master cyl itself...
Not sure bud. I snapped two half-decent pics I figure.

[Image: th_IMG00297-20110629-2024.jpg]
[Image: th_IMG00296-20110629-2024.jpg]

EVen after sleeping on it, thinking about what it was all this time still makes me mad. In the first pic, right under the first wet spot to the right of the lettering, it sprays out there in almost fuel injector-style fashion when you depress the clutch pedal. when you don't press the clutch, there's no leak. In the second pic, it's the smaller, solid line that connects to the trans. housing. Oscar also seems to think that a local hydraulics shop can make a new line for me. We're going to hopefully have the line off of the car this aft - those pics were shot at almost 9PM.

I'm calling Stockfish when parts opens at 7:30. Does anyone happen to know that part number? I'll try referring to it as "clutch slave cylinder feed line" and see where that gets me.

Thanks again guys.

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
OK, just got off of the line with Stockfish Ford. They list two lines, one for cars with ESP and one without. They quoted me $105 retail, but normally I save 10-20% in there so hopefully my final price is less. Does anyone know if it's available in the aftermarket? Still need to talk to Oscar about having one made.

Aaaaand this should be solved early next week. Oscar and I contacted an old co-worker of ours at a business that makes hydraulic hose. They want me to bring the dead one by so that they can make me a new one. EPIC! Hoping to drop it off Monday morning. It's amazing how relieved you can feel after just one phone call.

good stuff yeah the SVT one won't fit...looks totally diff from the photo.
So, it's dealt with. I took the OEM line to a company we deal with here in town called Steele Industrial Supply. HOLY s**t, they do awesome work! I'm not going to put their price out there as I can't guarantee anyone the same price, but it was WELL under the quoted OEM replacement. AND, it was braided stainless steel for the flex portion. I've attached a pic. It's truly sad to have to essentially cover it up with the battery box and intake. Oh, and as soon as the wheel bearing is pressed in, the car will be back on the road. We started it yesterday and the day prior. It's alive. IT'SSSSSSS ALIIIIIIIIIIIVE! Muahahahhaha!

A small exhaust leak to fix at the header/cat flange, but that's about it. Very small. Even with that leak it sounds bad-ass! Oh, and the ghetto driveway in the background... sorry about that. My neighoburs directly across from me are so redneck, Jeff Foxworthy sends care packages because they live in "civilization" now.

Attached Files
.jpg   IMG00311-20110704-1800.jpg (Size: 416.82 KB / Downloads: 11)