Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just Inherited This (Quick/Easy Aesthetics)
Firstly I'm 17. I've just inherited this focus Its a 2000 ZTS i believe. The thing is I'm going to University next year and must leave it behind for my sister. Are there some quick and easy things I can do to it to help inject my personality. I have no experience, so nothing to hard.
well, what kind of things do you like on cars?

are you a fast and furious kind of person?
2003 Focus ZX5 Racecar/Perma broke/Storage
2011 Volkswagen Jetta Daily Driver
LOL ^ fast and furious
Changing bulbs, adding tint, not letting your sister put punk things in the car. Those are the easiest. Heck if you are feeling ambitious try a new head unit for the cars stereo.

Welcome btw.
2004 ZX5 Dark shadow grey.
Audio mods: front doors Rockford T1682, rear doors Rockford T1572.Subwoofer: 15" Rockford P3
Deck: JVC Arsenal KD-a805.
Amps: Kenwood XR-1S, XR-4S
Waiting to be installed: custom made fibreglass 15" sub box
Performance mods: hahaha I wish.
Thanks. No I'm not into the fast and furious. I just want it to look a liitle better. Thanks for the advice. Is there anyother guides for how to's other than this site?
focushacks.com has some little bits on there for cheap easy ways to improve the car

also focaljet.com can give you some ideas when looking through the team rigz section.

all depends what your after but you can do simple things like tinting tail lights and marker lights, painting factory wheels black, painting brake calipers colour of choice, debadging the car etc... all are lost cost things to do
2007 ZX4 2.0l unaturally aspirated
FSwerks stage 2 Turbo kit, Cosworth Intake Manifold, 3" custom HKS turbo back
regular stage 2 @10ps : 232whp/219wtq
stage 2 plus @ 13psi: 278whp/229wtq
Stage 2 plus @15psi: 296whp/240wtq

2013 Focus ST Tuxedo Black - The daily
do keep in mind, when painting things if you do it too cheaply it'll look cheap or it won't last.

you could go with new headlights, or even fog light bulbs, personally I like debadging even though I have yet to do it to my focus, new shift knob (maybe even a short throw shifter?) if you have a manual, new tail lights, license plate cover (tinted or coloured ones are illegal but people still put em on... I've only had a cop mention it once to me), you could tint the windows (I was told the highway traffic act doesn't actually specify what % you're allowed but to be safe it's 35% up front and any % out back, no windshield except for banner), maybe even change out the upper and lower grilles, there are instructions on the internet but you could cut apart your ford emblem and paint it black instead of blue, put a pinstripe around the car, you can go with LED interior lighting, new gauge face, maybe even swap out the seats from cloth to leather (assuming you have a cloth interior) and a step further would be to change the door panel inserts from the cloth to leather too... (I only did the front seats in my focus from grey cloth to grey leather, didn't bother with the door inserts), and I'm now out of ideas. OH! You could also change the ebrake handle and boot.
2003 Focus ZX5 Racecar/Perma broke/Storage
2011 Volkswagen Jetta Daily Driver
You're 17, probably not allot of money, and chances are the car's last owner. You can go wilder then most. A great thing is the older Focuses are dying at a rapid rate, so used aftermarket parts do become available. One thing that could have a huge impact is paint.
You might want to google $50 paint jobs. Allot of work, not allot of cash. Use a bright color and it'll make huge impact. Colour is the first thing people notice. [Image: Picture10.jpg]
Check the for sale forum regularly. You never know what you'll find. I have been adding to my car constantly since I picked it up in 05. A littl bit here and there, and soon enough you will have something uniquely yours.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
Thanks for all the help everyone. It has some rust and paint chipping so i probably will paint it.