Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clutch/flywheel Question
my current automatic tranny slips like crazy..especially in "d" and "o/d off" position..
rpm would go high and do nothing and drop down and engage..

anyway..in a month or 2, my buddy at work is going to do tranny swap at low low cost..
should i go with oe quality clutch first??
or should i do stage 2 or 3 first and get used to it and do turbo??

heard positives and negatives about clutch masters..and spec's old/new design..blah blah
exedy doesn't give me an option to go stage 1 or 2 but stage 3..
how is ford racing centerforce dual friction clutch?

i want to keep stock clutch feel if possible

which brand and stage will br suitable for me??
looking to get around 260whp
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Exedy stage 3 is supposedly very good. The Hyper Exedy is probably where I'll be going one day.

Don't forget to either have the flywheel replaced or machined back to trueness to help with the slippage.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
I have the spec stage 3, it drives like stock until you letup on the clutch quick and then it grips like crazy.
hmm spec stage 3..
what is difference btw 4 puck and 6 puck??
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
6 puck is more on the street drive able side. When you get towards 4 and 3 puck thats a harsh engagement and usually is meant for full out track use.
2004 Ford Focus ZX5 MTX75 - Liquid Grey -

15.7 @ 86mph

1994 Pontiac Trans AM 25th Anniversary 6 spd -

12.3 @ 110mph

2013 Ford Focus ST - Oxford White

1/4 TBD
[Image: image,Burnin1,black,blue.png]
centerforce clutch feels stock, maybe a tiny bit more grab but nothing to prevent easy daily driving, i like it alot
Sean- 1998.5 Black/Blue CSVT #5906

hardk0re,Feb 15 2009, 08:52 AM Wrote:I have the spec stage 3, it drives like stock until you letup on the clutch quick and then it grips like crazy.
[right][snapback]281135[/snapback][/right]

Loved my spec 3 setup :D
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
i m gonna go with spec stage 3..seems like most ppl recommend this over clutch masters for poor quality and exedy being way tooo expensive..
you wont be disapppointed.

From what the new owner of my old focus told me, he got a dynno done on a dynojet and the car out out 245whp, more in trq.

I abused that car at the track and that tranny took the beating all day long.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Has anyone tried a LUK Clutch Kit by Gripforce ?
Comes with everything and claims it's an upgrade kit...
Alot less money as well...
[Image: SVTFocus.gif]
SVT FOCUS... CD SILVER/RED INSERTS...
BUILD DATE 03/27/02... #507/4788...

[Image: tn1.jpg]
SHELBY SVT GT500 'VERT... 4 X BLACK...
BUILD DATE 02/20/07... #503/895...
omfg,, now the first gear slips too..

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  clutch/flywheel/differential? konafocuswrc 9 4,999 04-13-2011, 11:53 AM
Last Post: konafocuswrc
  Flywheel Question Focus-SE 1 1,329 10-06-2009, 10:02 PM
Last Post: hardk0re