Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
exhaust
will mbrp zx5 zetec (03) exhaust fit dtec zx3 (07)? are they the same length and dimension? anything could be fabricated, but trying to avoid it. I need a new one anyway, I can see water coming out of my stocker in the middle.
Pretty sure there's drain holes in your stock exhaust, it's supposed to leak water.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
MBRP zetec 03 will not exactly fit 07 zx3. I bought the same thing last year. It all aligned n bolted right on perfectly, but i needed the end section shortened a few inches, and had the tip welded back on. Totally, less than an hour at the shop.
there is a nipple on the flange that needs to be grind off, then it should bolt up no problem.
sold my 2.25" zetec one to 06 duratec 2.0 and that was only issue i had.
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Hmm...i didnt encounter anything with a nipple at the flange. The only problems i faced were the length was few inches too long(being a sedan exhaust), and the hangers didnt line up. I bought a zetec 2.25 mbrp sedan exhaust , put it on my '06 zx5 sap.
really..oh wait..there must be different on engine spec.
when i did to my buddy, i was in california and it must be pzev(same duratec but extra or different converter i believe)
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Shouldn't be any different exhaust wise for all hatches and all sedans except svt cars.
2007 ZX4 2.0l unaturally aspirated
FSwerks stage 2 Turbo kit, Cosworth Intake Manifold, 3" custom HKS turbo back
regular stage 2 @10ps : 232whp/219wtq
stage 2 plus @ 13psi: 278whp/229wtq
Stage 2 plus @15psi: 296whp/240wtq

2013 Focus ST Tuxedo Black - The daily
Here's the thing:

05-07 Duratec Foci came with secondary cat/resonator under the floorpan, before the primary muffler. When I did development work with MBRP (as a customer) before they disco'ed the Focus offerings, they told me that pipe was a cat. The main cat, as we known, is just south of the manifold on any Focus. I was always skeptical because I was told anecdotal evidence that while some thought Ford had carried the second (California) cat offering as stock for all Duratec Foci, it seemed too long/narrow to be an effective catalytic.

When we did development for the 2.25" and 2.5" exhaust offerings for the Duratec, I had them cut my cat/resonator off before my final fitting of the actual system. The final MBRP exhaust set was made to include said secondary cat/resonator out of legal concerns from advising customers to deliberately cut out their section of pipe that might have caused them legal issues otherwise.

When adapting a Zetec-era MBRP (or any other exhaust offering) exhaust, you shorten one of the pipes (normally the lead pipe to the cat) because the exhaust mani is at the rear of the engine, whereas on the Zetec/SPI the exhaust mani is at the front - hence the longer pipe.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
^^^ only if you wish to keep down stream cat. Otherwise all systems are the exact same minus gas tank on D-tec cars not allowing for a oval muffler.
2007 ZX4 2.0l unaturally aspirated
FSwerks stage 2 Turbo kit, Cosworth Intake Manifold, 3" custom HKS turbo back
regular stage 2 @10ps : 232whp/219wtq
stage 2 plus @ 13psi: 278whp/229wtq
Stage 2 plus @15psi: 296whp/240wtq

2013 Focus ST Tuxedo Black - The daily
Just get the fswerks race, I put mine on today and it not the loud and sound pretty good at all speeds.