Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unlock My Phone!
Hey guys... been a while!

I have a SonyEricsson W810i with Rogers and I want it unlocked.... how do I do this..

any help would be awesome

-Rich
2005 ZX4 SOLD! ST; 1992 Mustang 5.0L S/C

[Image: lakemitchellsml.jpg][Image: burnout1sml.jpg]
you can find computer shops that will do it
It would be a bit of a hike for you, but there's no question you'll be able to get it unlocked at the Pacific Mall in North Toronto (Kennedy and Steeles). It would run you about $20.00
Old Ride: 2001 Malibu Blue MTX Street Edition Wagon
New Ride: 2010 Mocha Brown MT 2.0T Passat Wagon
really.. I can't do it myself??

Its a bit of a hike to the Pacific. LOL

any small used cell phone shop would be able to do it for you.
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
I'll have to check around here to see if anyone knows of a place...

try Fli markets...
My other ride is your Mom
Ohh yes. Of course you can do it yourself :)) I did my Z710i back in the day ( last year lol ) I played around with it, switched the firmware.

All i can tell you the program is XS++. You don't exactly unlock it but you just install a new firmware that is already unlocked from the factory and that's it.

Website where you can get detailed instructions is http://www.topsony.com/.

Do some research. There is quite a bit involved. If you don't want to go through the hassle of finding all the stuff, the website offers an unlocking service for a fee. It's pretty simple that way.

MAKE SURE YOU BACK UP THE PHONE BEFORE PROCEEDING. It's known as backing up GDFS. just remember that otherwise there is a chance of bricking your phone. Make sure you read and do it step by step.
OK.. now if I "brick" my phone.... AND I have it backed up.. then I can re-install the firmware.. or would it be pooched...

So I checked out that site... all you have to give them is your IMEI and what locks are on it and they shoot you back a number code.. for like $40 cdn

I want to know what they do or program or how the hell can I decipher to get this code to punch in without spending, or giving them my info... they can do it so there must be a way I can...

paolo,Nov 13 2008, 08:32 PM Wrote:try Fli markets...
[right][snapback]276369[/snapback][/right]

You mean Flea markets...?

Crazirich,Nov 14 2008, 11:25 AM Wrote:
paolo,Nov 13 2008, 08:32 PM Wrote:try Fli markets...
[right][snapback]276369[/snapback][/right]

You mean Flea markets...?
[right][snapback]276392[/snapback][/right]

yeah, same thing...
you dont hafta drive all the way to toronto or markham or heck downtown, just go to your local fli market, pay the guy $20 and he will unlock it... donedeal..
I'll see what I can find online right now.. I'm learning here so if I can't find out what to do i'll get it done.... I'll just back my phone up first so... If I brick it by messing up the firmware... and i have a back up I should be good to go to just re install the old right??

$40 is too much... do it yourself :)) oh just find someone. I was just very curious and wanted to learn how to do it.

Make sure it's backed up. Sometimes if it's bricked you can still restore it even without the back up but it's better if you do.

When i first did mine, i installed the incompatible software ( i found out later that it was incompatible) and upon turning on the phone all i had is a white screen. I just reinstalled the correct one and it worked. Also i did not know about the back up when i did that :))
howardforums.com is a high traffic site for southeastern ontario cellphone enthusiasts. I'd just post there in their B/S/T section asking what you asked us here to find someone who has the right hardware hooked up in your area. basically you need a special decoder unit and an appropriate cable to do it. the standard unlocking service fee shouldn't be more than 20$. but it increases the value of your cellphone by about that much and more importantly its liquidity when you go to sell it through the same howardforums.com B/S/T section when you'll get bored with it and will want to upgrade to something better.
cool thanks guys

Hi visit Superunlockcodes.com to unlock your Sony ericsson W810i mobile from Roger network .Here they ask you the IMEI number of your mobile .Then at last they deliver you code to unlock your mobile.
Hang on , a sec , did you get this done already ? if not send me a PM
check it out, im noticing thilaka keeps advetizing a certain web site in his replies, perhaps he only joined to spam his business? and he keeps bumping very old threads? go figure

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unlock Bell Phone? KillaCamST 5 3,827 04-27-2010, 06:04 AM
Last Post: paolo