Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Snowmaggedon
Where's your freakin' Global Warming NOW!
I just finished shovelling the driveway/sidewalks for the 6th time in 3 days. And it's -23 with a -37 windchill.
I saw a grader driver doing the main boulevard in our neighbourhood and almost felt like offering him a 50 spot to do out crescent. It's like the Himalayans out there-bumpy as hell!
Gotta say the Nokkians are worth their weight in gold right about now. And the Flex is wonderful-glad we stepped up to the AWD. Even with AWD and stability control I can hang the back end out. Some poor slob in a Mazda CX7 got stuck in less than a foot of snow doing a U-turn in our street but that maybe all-season tire related as it looked from the side that both front and rear were spinning.
All I can say is I was driving around the people on the way home today who were me when I first got the Focus and tried to run on "All Season" tires on unplowed streets.

Lots 'o spinnin' & rockin... me I was just rockin as I boogied home at 12:30 :D I stopped by the Beer Store on the way home and currently enjoying a tall tub Steelback as we speak while listening to tunes and doin' my laundry.

NefCanuck
40 cm is very welcoming.......cant wait to hit the hills.

Burlington is still getting hammered, but the city is doing a great job clearing the snow. Also my window faces appleby line, so I can see that people aren't really phased by the storm.
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
Yeah Mississauga is still seeing more snow, the number of cars on the road is really low though, so I think most people who could got home and hunkered down.

Man, two Steelback tall tubs and I'm having trouble writing coherent messages, better stop while I'm behind :P

NefCanuck
snow down my way was crazy! (K-W) and i had to drive to fergus today for a job we had to do at work... put it this way, 4wd + offroad tires in a 2004 suburban is amazing, but it was still terrible haul up there and back. couldnt even see the roads rele. then i was plowing snow with the focus since my street isnt plowed yet, my bumper did the job :D lol good thing it just light fluffy powder
2007 ZX4 2.0l unaturally aspirated
FSwerks stage 2 Turbo kit, Cosworth Intake Manifold, 3" custom HKS turbo back
regular stage 2 @10ps : 232whp/219wtq
stage 2 plus @ 13psi: 278whp/229wtq
Stage 2 plus @15psi: 296whp/240wtq

2013 Focus ST Tuxedo Black - The daily
damn, you guys got it good....kicking it and relaxing.....i gotta go and do electrical support 7pm-7am
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
Didn't get a sprinkle over here, LoL.
We have enough already anyways.
Be safe out there.
2007 CD Silver ST  **** FOR SALE ****
2014 Performance Blue ST  **** SOLD ****

2016 Ford Edge Sport Shadow Black
I still went to work, got stuck at the job site, off the linc, once on my street, and half way up the driveway where I left my van running and snow plowed the driveway clear and part of the road to get it up the driveway. Fun times.
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
for some reason, airbag light came on by sitting my car outside in the snowstorm for 10 hours..
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
[quote=02ztsian,Dec 19 2008, 04:31 PM]
Where's your freakin' Global Warming NOW!

I've been listening to some scientist type dudes on the radio who say an ice age is starting......... :huh:
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
-22C this morning, HUGE plow furrow at the end of the driveway and I was too tired to notice... the truck backed right through it, pulled onto the road and I went on my merry/sleepy way. I hardly felt the snowplow's droppings.

f*** I love 4WD.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS2Go4Me,Dec 22 2008, 08:13 AM Wrote:-22C this morning, HUGE plow furrow at the end of the driveway and I was too tired to notice... the truck backed right through it, pulled onto the road and I went on my merry/sleepy way. I hardly felt the snowplow's droppings.

f*** I love 4WD.
[right][snapback]278644[/snapback][/right]

I do that once in a while with the bmw, but my mechanic actually told me to avoid deep snow in the wrx. Something about when the cats are cooled down very quick, they break up inside clogging it...

My neighboor in his AWD CRV got stuck on his snow bank (again) trying to do the same last night. :lol:
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
NOS2Go4Me,Dec 22 2008, 07:13 AM Wrote:-22C this morning, HUGE plow furrow at the end of the driveway and I was too tired to notice... the truck backed right through it, pulled onto the road and I went on my merry/sleepy way. I hardly felt the snowplow's droppings.

f*** I love 4WD.
[right][snapback]278644[/snapback][/right]

Heh, I had to take the Fusion on to a side street Saturday that hadn't seen a car, NVM a plow, had to be at least 15 cm if not more and the Fusion just went.

The person I was visiting couldn't believe I had made it, they were expecting to have to met me with their $WD at the beginning of the street :D

NefCanuck
konafocuswrc,Dec 20 2008, 09:04 PM Wrote:for some reason, airbag light came on by sitting my car outside in the snowstorm for 10 hours..
[right][snapback]278589[/snapback][/right]

Did you accidentally leave your passenger window down and let >10lbs of snow accumulate on your passenger seat?

If so, you have two options

1 ) put a seatbelt on your snow pile to keep it safe in case of an accident.

2 ) warm up the car, and turn the heat up, letting the snow melt.

One good way to check for a snow drift inside your car is to first check if the seat cushion is obscured with a white powdery surface. Now place a coors light in the middle of the white powdery substance and remove after 2 minutes. If it's cold certified, then you have snow. If not, do a snort test to check for cocaine and/or anthrax.

problem solved.

Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!