Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Car Threw A Cel This Weekend
Took the wife over to Budd's Subaru to take a Tribeca and Outback out for a spin when the car started to sputter on the service road.

Exactly between 2 and 3000 RPM.
I also burnt a 1/4 of a tank of gas just going from Bronte RD. to Appleby and back. (Not far for those who know.)

I suspect another DPFE sensor has gone for a s***. :angry:

Does anyone have a how-to on replacing these things. I know it's a 30 dollar part and it takes literally minutes to replace.

Can I reset the CEL light after I replace it?
ANTHONYD,May 20 2008, 09:01 AM Wrote:Took the wife over to Budd's Subaru to take a Tribeca and Outback out for a spin when the car started to sputter on the service road.

Exactly between 2 and 3000 RPM.
I also burnt a 1/4 of a tank of gas just going from Bronte RD. to Appleby and back. (Not far for those who know.)

I suspect another DPFE sensor has gone for a s***. :angry:

Does anyone have a how-to on replacing these things. I know it's a 30 dollar part and it takes literally minutes to replace.

Can I reset the CEL light after I replace it?
[right][snapback]264662[/snapback][/right]

find a buddy who has an OBD 2 reader before you spend some of your well earned money. I believe there is a DPFE bypass, and replacement on Focus Hacks

Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
I have an OBDII reader and can scan and reset the full ford code catalog (prior to CAN bus anyways)
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

I have a reader as well (Got the XCal2 back from SCT last week) I'm on vacation ATM so I can drop by anytime this week before Friday.

NefCanuck
Super simple to replace... there's one host coming from the EGR tube and another from a vacuum port thing on the firewall - I have a 2002 so my DPFE was under the intake tube some are bolted to the firewall. Simply unplug the two rubber hoses from the bottom of the DPFE, unplug the wiring harness, and unbolt the DPFE (if necessary). Installation is the opposite of removal. To reset your ECU disconnect the negative terminal on your battery for around half and hour and you're golden.
Steve
1999 ZX2| MX3 H&Rs | S/R Tokicos | 21mm RSB | ES Bushings | HotShot CAI | Knocker mod | MSD Coil & 8.5mm Wires | SCT | B&M SS | SpeedHut Gauges | 16" BSA 303s

Coming soon: FR UDP | Pacesetter Shorty Header

Less is more... "Simplify and add lightness"

Click Here to E-mail Me!

Click here for my eBay auctions
NefCanuck,May 20 2008, 04:38 PM Wrote:I have a reader as well (Got the XCal2 back from SCT last week) I'm on vacation ATM so I can drop by anytime this week before Friday.

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]264708[/snapback][/right]

Hey Dan.

That would be awesome.

You around tonight?
You can show me how to use the damn thing too! :P

Let me know your availability.

A.

PM me back.

It's super-easy to use, bud. Real easy. It plugs into the OBD port under the driver's side of the dash, it powers up from battery voltage, you select code reader and you're off to the races. I believe it'll allow you to clear codes to see if they come back as well.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.