Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sedan Upgrades
Well to start I had a run in with a deer last fall and the front of the 03 ZTS took a bit of a bruising. Im getting to the point where I want to fix it up a bit instead of the patch job I did at the time.

I want to retain a stock'ish look (meaning nothing wild, not into that) and I really like the SVT look so Im going to go with the SVT front bumper and likely the sides. I like the SVT rear but im sure it will not work on the sedan so I was curious if there is a rear bumper out there that is similar in looks to the SVT that will fit a Sedan? Will a newer ST rear fit an 03? I know its not real close but it looks better than what I have now.
I'm not 100% sure about the ST rear, but it looks like you would have to also swap out the taillights and trunk lid in order to get the bumper to fit

And i'm pretty sure you'd be the first on any board i know of to do this, usually it's some one who already has an ST that does the front end swap!!
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
Damn, you know I never took into account the tail light difference, mildly embarassing. Gotta put some more thought into this. edit - although it would be interesting.

Any idea of aftermarket ones that resemble the SVT? I just dont know enough about Focus parts.
I dont think the ST's rear bumper would fit because they changed things up abit in 05-07. I have seen people use the svt front bumper and svt side skirts on the sedans and it looks sharp.
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
Yeah but like the front end i believe they were only mild changes and i don't think the rear quarter panels were effected..... so with a new trunk lid and tails i think the ST bumper will fit

Any one will pics of their rear ends (sedans that is!) want to post pics?
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
Does F2 make a rear bumper for the sedan? That might be a nice look. SVT front and sides with F2 rear.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

like others have said i think the svt front and sides would be fine with the stock rear bumper

another option you might want to consider if you have lots of $$ to burn is converting to a euro spec sedan rear, which has a shorter overhang for the rear bumper

[Image: 2003%20ford%20focus%20ghia%20BT52GXO.jpg]

i had a hard time finding a picture of a UK sedan but you get the idea.. i'm sure there's a sedan version out there in europe with a more aggressive rear valence
SL8RZZX3,Mar 8 2008, 06:59 PM Wrote:Yeah but like the front end i believe they were only mild changes and i don't think the rear quarter panels were effected..... so with a new trunk lid and tails i think the ST bumper will fit

Yeah, it might work. Didnt want to get into that much work but it could be something to look into if nothing else works.

habmann,Mar 8 2008, 07:01 PM Wrote:Does F2 make a rear bumper for the sedan? That might be a nice look. SVT front and sides with F2 rear.
[right][snapback]259578[/snapback][/right]

I would be interested to see this. I went onto the F2 site and saw what it looks like but would like to see it on a sedan.

naz,Mar 8 2008, 07:17 PM Wrote:like others have said i think the svt front and sides would be fine with the stock rear bumper

another option you might want to consider if you have lots of $$ to burn is converting to a euro spec sedan rear, which has a shorter overhang for the rear bumper

Yeah, I agree it would be fine with the stock rear, I just like how the SVT rear bumper is molded around the exhaust tip, whereas stock it sits under the bumper. Thats the look I want. Do you know if the Euro one does similar to the SVT regarding the exhaust?
I dunno it looks pretty close.. maybe a little bit of modification and they might swap out with out any extra parts (tails and trink lid) but a way easier route would be to swap tails, trunk lid and bumper.....

[Image: 20353Focus2.jpg]
[Image: 9971ff3.jpg]
[Image: 49277Rear.jpg]
2002 pitch black ZX3

Classic Painting
Looks like it would be more than just a lil modification. Even if you swapped the trunk lid over, the opening wouldn't match up. Just seems like a lot of work for nothing. Better to get something that will just bolt up.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

habmann,Mar 8 2008, 04:12 PM Wrote:Looks like it would be more than just a lil modification. Even if you swapped the trunk lid over, the opening wouldn't match up. Just seems like a lot of work for nothing. Better to get something that will just bolt up.
[right][snapback]259591[/snapback][/right]

that's why you'd need the tails, trunk and bumper so that it all would line up, i'd have to see a side by side of what the 2 look like when opened to be 100% sure
2002 pitch black ZX3

Classic Painting
Yeah, I would have to know 100% it would work before I even bothered. I remember seeing a 05ish ST on FF with an SVT front and it looked sick. So im not going to discount that option.
mustanggt_50,Mar 8 2008, 08:43 PM Wrote:Yeah, I would have to know 100% it would work before I even bothered. I remember seeing a 05ish ST on FF with an SVT front and it looked sick. So im not going to discount that option.
[right][snapback]259601[/snapback][/right]

Wierd the same thread almost over on FF.....

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthr...829#post2015829

Seems that the only problem might be the lock mechanism...? But ilke i said it would be nice to see pics of the trunk lids open on both to know !00%
2002 pitch black ZX3

Classic Painting
Yeah, I dont imagine the lock mechanism would be too hard to figure out.

Id take a picture of mine with the trunk open but my camera wont load into this computer and my cell phone camera broke.