Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High Idle Rev At Start Up
Hmm well i've noticed lately that my car is been running weird ,

On cold start up it shoots right up to like 1900 - 2000 rpm and it stays for awhile .

When I put it in Reverse it goes to approx 1500 rpm and it stays there for about 5 - 10 min of driving to warm up then it drops to regular rpm to idle , While the rpm is at 1500 rpm it pulls on the car trying to make it go I don't even have to press throttle .

Another issue i've noticed is when im parked at light in drive the rpm needle moves slightly and I can feel a vibration right through my seat which goes away if I pop it in neutral. All this stuff hasn't happened last fall or winter.

Im guessing my exhaust is the culprit , is it common issue when installing exhaust ?
Ford Focus SES ZX5
Blue Underglow, Clear Corners, Shorty antenna, vogtland springs , Rust Module,Truebendz 2.5 ss magnaflow and Fuzion 205/50/16 HRI's
TEAM DURATEC # 99
Could be your throttle position sensor.
O3 ZX3: Drl-to-drf Mod, Racing mirrors, Shorty antenna, B&M short shifter, Focus Sport 4-1 race header, Focus Sport front strut stabilizer, MBRP cat back, RaceCraft springs, Eibach Pro dampners and struts, RaceCraft 25mm rear stabilizer, Hella lights, Core Racing 17"s.
VF Supercharger Kit (Stage 2)

"I usually don't do this type of work." "I thought you were a professional driver?" "A different kind of driving.".
on a 06 with 34,000 km ? not sure
Ford Focus SES ZX5
Blue Underglow, Clear Corners, Shorty antenna, vogtland springs , Rust Module,Truebendz 2.5 ss magnaflow and Fuzion 205/50/16 HRI's
TEAM DURATEC # 99
I had the same issue with my 05 , the dealership said that was normal for the Duratecs. I kinda dought it though. I noticed my 07 does that if I have the A/C on when I turn it off the RPM's drop to about 1500 until its warmed up. If you only have 34'000km take it to your dealership and have them look at it.
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
i have the exact same issue as you i have no idea wut to do...i tried to fix stuff with the exhaust and stuff but it still does it...i think it may be the throttle position sensor...but i need to check it out too...i was also tols that it was a common thing on my car...03 focus zx5 120K...So i dont kno make sure u post if u figure anything out and ill do the same!!
The +05's are noted for idle weirdness... it has to do with warming the secondary cat to operating temps, so its more prone to it if the car is left in colder conditions for prolonged periods (at least that's what the TSB Ford gave me says)

NefCanuck
ok so the cat in header needs to warm ?
Ford Focus SES ZX5
TEAM DURATEC # 99
zx5power,Oct 8 2007, 06:06 AM Wrote:ok so the cat in header needs to warm ?
[right][snapback]250376[/snapback][/right]

yep! The Accord does it to.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  High Idle - Low Shifting focusnme 23 5,988 03-11-2007, 02:08 AM
Last Post: oldeguy
  High Revs When I First Start. dannyq 5 2,292 09-28-2005, 11:39 AM
Last Post: dannyq