Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions About Ford Racing Springs
Hay guys well I have decided that lowering my car wouldn't be such a bad thing( I was worried about ride height at the job site) I have found the Ford Racing set M-5560-ZXB (eibach re-bag) 1.2 in the front and 1.6 in the rear. My big question is can I use the stock dampers? I have the ST model so they come with the upgraded dampers (m-18000-zxb) I was assuming that since they two items are on the same section in the webpage they can work together.?? I don't want to make the car to stiff buy getting Konis (plus I'm cheap) If I can use the stock I want to. I know the dampers are noticeable stiffer between my car and my cousins 06 ses so that's why I think I could use mine with the new springs??? Well I need some help with this one, I don't want to blow the dampers 5 months after I get them if stock is to weak??

Thanks
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
So how long off a life do the dampers have anyways? I have 27'000km them now. Should I put on new dampers???
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
I'm not sure there's an easy answer to this ... the value equation is tough to figure out because it will vary with driving habits, typical road conditions in your area, etc, etc.

When I installed the Eibachs on my wagon, I had only 5k on the suspension so I decided to leave the stock dampers and see what happened.

So far I've put almost 20k on the setup and to date everything feels as good as the day I installed the Eibachs - and my instructor at the BMW Club driving school, who drives a race prepped 944 Turbo, thought my Focus suspension was "exceptionally well sorted out." That was a week ago, with 23k on the clock.

I fully expect the stock dampers to have a shorter life with the lowering springs, but so far there's no indication of how short, or how long that life might be.

Canadian ST,Sep 17 2007, 05:51 PM Wrote:So how long off a life do the dampers have anyways? I have 27'000km them now. Should I put on new dampers???
[right][snapback]248944[/snapback][/right]
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
ZTWsquared,Sep 17 2007, 07:15 PM Wrote:I'm not sure there's an easy answer to this ... the value equation is tough to figure out because it will vary with driving habits, typical road conditions in your area, etc, etc.

When I installed the Eibachs on my wagon, I had only 5k on the suspension so I decided to leave the stock dampers and see what happened.

So far I've put almost 20k on the setup and to date everything feels as good as the day I installed the Eibachs - and my instructor at the BMW Club driving school, who drives a race prepped 944 Turbo, thought my Focus suspension was "exceptionally well sorted out." That was a week ago, with 23k on the clock.

I fully expect the stock dampers to have a shorter life with the lowering springs, but so far there's no indication of how short, or how long that life might be.

Canadian ST,Sep 17 2007, 05:51 PM Wrote:So how long off a life do the dampers have anyways? I have 27'000km them now. Should I put on new dampers???
[right][snapback]248944[/snapback][/right]

Well of the 27'000km on my car about 95% are highway QEW Hamilton to Oakville.
[right][snapback]248951[/snapback][/right]
Eibach springs never have a very severe drop - that being said, the stress on the stock dampers wouldn't be as severe as if you were running a 2"+ drop. Since your struts are uprated to begin with I really wouldn't worry about it - go for it. 27K is not a lot of kms on dampers - they typically last between 80,000 to 100,000kms in my experience.
Steve
1999 ZX2| MX3 H&Rs | S/R Tokicos | 21mm RSB | ES Bushings | HotShot CAI | Knocker mod | MSD Coil & 8.5mm Wires | SCT | B&M SS | SpeedHut Gauges | 16" BSA 303s

Coming soon: FR UDP | Pacesetter Shorty Header

Less is more... "Simplify and add lightness"

Click Here to E-mail Me!

Click here for my eBay auctions
I put ford racing springs on my stock suspension. Do yourself a favor and pick yourself up some stiffer struts and shocks. I wish I did first.
O3 ZX3: Drl-to-drf Mod, Racing mirrors, Shorty antenna, B&M short shifter, Focus Sport 4-1 race header, Focus Sport front strut stabilizer, MBRP cat back, RaceCraft springs, Eibach Pro dampners and struts, RaceCraft 25mm rear stabilizer, Hella lights, Core Racing 17"s.
VF Supercharger Kit (Stage 2)

"I usually don't do this type of work." "I thought you were a professional driver?" "A different kind of driving.".
This is the info I found on Ford Racing site:

M-5560-ZX3B : $215.00
Improves handling
Fits 2006-2007 Focus except wagon
Lowers vehicle approximately 1.5"
Includes front and rear springs

And here are the dampers:
M-18000-ZX3B : $195.00
Similar to M-18000-ZX3
Improves handling
Includes front dampers with mounts, spring seats and rear dampers

Prices are U.S.
You can get these cheaper through some guy on FF.com.

I wonder how much better those dampers are compared to the ones on the ST.
2007 CD Silver ST  **** FOR SALE ****
2014 Performance Blue ST  **** SOLD ****

2016 Ford Edge Sport Shadow Black
I had eibachs with my stock struts for over 4 years and 80 000k. towards the end, they were getting bouncy and switched to the FK Strut/spring kit.

[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Gravter,Sep 18 2007, 09:05 AM Wrote:This is the info I found on Ford Racing site:

M-5560-ZX3B : $215.00
Improves handling
Includes front and rear springs

And here are the dampers:
M-18000-ZX3B : $195.00
Similar to M-18000-ZX3
Improves handling
Includes front dampers with mounts, spring seats and rear dampers

Prices are U.S.
You can get these cheaper through some guy on FF.com.

I wonder how much better those dampers are compared to the ones on the ST.
[right][snapback]248972[/snapback][/right]

I thought those (M-18000zxb were the ones on the ST Model???
Well I thought I would go to the top and ask Leo Capaldi ( Leo Capaldi Racing+Spec Focus) and aske dhim about the stock ST dampers and the Ford Racing Springs and his response was "The M-5560-ZXB springs will work very well with your ST dampers " so I think I will go ahead and get those springs, the only question is relacing my dampers because of the high km's on them. Well at least I know the dampers on my car will work :D
Now this is odd,

you do mean part #M-5560-ZX3B right <----> notice the "3"

And now, I see a new product on their site:

Quote:M-5560-ZXM1* 2006-07 Focus except wagon
M-5560-ZXM* 2000-05 Focus except wagon
Gives a more aggressive looking stance as well as increased handling dynamics
May cause slightly harsher ride compared to stock springs
NOTE: Some factory fasteners are one time use. Please reference service manual for reuse information and correct torque specifications.

PRICE: $219.00

So, are these suppose to be better?
2007 CD Silver ST  **** FOR SALE ****
2014 Performance Blue ST  **** SOLD ****

2016 Ford Edge Sport Shadow Black
Gravter,Sep 19 2007, 08:57 PM Wrote:Now this is odd,

you do mean part #M-5560-ZX3B right  <----> notice the "3"

And now, I see a new product on their site: 

Quote:M-5560-ZXM1* 2006-07 Focus except wagon
M-5560-ZXM* 2000-05 Focus except wagon
Gives a more aggressive looking stance as well as increased handling dynamics
May cause slightly harsher ride compared to stock springs
NOTE: Some factory fasteners are one time use. Please reference service manual for reuse information and correct torque specifications.

PRICE: $219.00

So, are these suppose to be better?
[right][snapback]249123[/snapback][/right]

The "ZX3B" is for the 2006-2007 models that includes springs and dampers. I was told by LCR that its 1.2 front and 1.6 rear not 1.5 that it says, that from the 2000-2005 models.