Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roll Back
So just a general non-chalant question on the odometer. Anyone know how to or have in fact rolled their odo back? or perhaps know of a friend of a friend blah blah who can or has done it ON A FOCUS.
PM if ya don't want to post.
doing this is highly illegal, not to mention that being in Ontario you have to register your milage every time you get your plate sticker.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
its almost too easy, just buy a new cluster...shazam you got the readings from whatever car it was pulled from. Zero evidence from a buyer perspective. However this will show up on a carfax report on recorded readings from vehicle sales, emissions tests.

So no etests and as long as the new cluster is higher than the last vehicle transfer whatever it says should be reasonably believable...

edit: forgot about the new sticker thing, but still its doable, if your deviant enough you can get by.

but like frost said..its like illegal or something :P

when my PCM was on the fritz, and my cluster would die, i could drive as far as i wanted and the mileage wasnt recorded. problem is the car would keep dieing along the way
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
Frost__2001,Aug 20 2007, 04:08 PM Wrote:doing this is highly illegal, not to mention that being in Ontario you have to register your milage every time you get your plate sticker.
[right][snapback]247199[/snapback][/right]

:lol: They notice stuff like 100thou less
2000 ZX3
The last time the mileage was reported was approx 40,000 ago.
Kevin, I was under the impression the odo# was not stored in the cluster but the chip elsewhere.
j3rt,Aug 21 2007, 08:15 AM Wrote:The last time the mileage was reported was approx 40,000 ago.
Kevin, I was under the impression the odo# was not stored in the cluster but the chip elsewhere.
[right][snapback]247244[/snapback][/right]

I swapped to a SVT cluster, the odo reading dropped to what the SVT cluster had stored in it.
i wonder if ford can see it stored in ecu ? hmmm lol
Ford Focus SES ZX5
Blue Underglow, Clear Corners, Shorty antenna, vogtland springs , Rust Module,Truebendz 2.5 ss magnaflow and Fuzion 205/50/16 HRI's
TEAM DURATEC # 99
^^I don't think so, otherwise I wouldn't have had to wholesale our sedan when we traded it in.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
75,000 km 3 years ill prolly be over that lol hmmm interesting
Ford Focus SES ZX5
Blue Underglow, Clear Corners, Shorty antenna, vogtland springs , Rust Module,Truebendz 2.5 ss magnaflow and Fuzion 205/50/16 HRI's
TEAM DURATEC # 99
If you do your research and find out who has the last milage on their system and i guess if you new someone in the montreal area, I think there would be someone down there that could do it. "Just a guess" Mabey
[Image: style2,duratec-spc-power.png]
No need to drive to Montreal.
its resolved.
I guess your a little far from Montreal. Sure there is someone up there.
[Image: style2,duratec-spc-power.png]