Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exhaust Manigold Gasket
my 03 exhaust manifold gasket looks like it has been on the car for 10 years. Does anyone else have this problem? it is leaking again and Ford teels me it isn't under warranty. The first time ford tighten the manifold studs because they said they were loose. i looked at the gasket and it is basically gone. Is this a hard thing to do on the focus SPI??
if i recall correctly there isn't a metal gasket, and you have to use some 'gasket maker' gunk. the bolts might be a bit of a biatch to get off (especially the one that goes to the cat, and the egr) but should be a 'turn a few screws, get the manifold off, scrape off old gasket, apply junk' job
i have a ztec and i took off my exhaust manifold and replaced it with aftermarket...it came with a new gasket its a bit of a pain in the ass to get off. however if your leaking from the block i would highly recomend taking it off and putting a new gasket there, and if you have losened the bolts under the car holding up the flex pipe itll give the cat a little play so if you cant get the egr line off theres enough room to push the cat down for clearence...be careful tho because ive herd a lot of problems with ppl breaking the egr line at the welds.
Just replace the gasket. Costs somthing like 40bux. cant remember.
2000 ZX3