Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New St
hey guys
i just bought a 2007 st and im just wondering when to get the first oil change, and if there anything else i should do to break the car in. Its got 250km on it right now

Thanks guys
what happened to your privious focus? it looked nice
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
still have it, my little bro has it now (lucky him)
:postpics:
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

it snowing like crazy here, maybe i'll get some pics up next week some time
focus19,Jan 19 2007, 07:01 PM Wrote:hey guys
i just bought a 2007 st and im just wondering when to get the first oil change, and if there anything else i should do to break the car in. Its got 250km on it right now

Thanks guys
[right][snapback]223952[/snapback][/right]

First scheduled dealer visit is at 5K or 3 months and since the thing is under warranty the 5K service will simply be an LOF and you bringing it in to adjust anything not up to snuff when you picked it up B)

I like the 2.3L in the ST a lot, shame they've never offered the 2.3L in an autobox setup :(

NefCanuck
congrats on the new purchase
E.O MASIV
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Smart man, you got the last good year for the Focus. Hell, we're not sure if any of the good loot from the previous Foci will carry over.

Oil changes are largely every 5000 KMs. Your dealer should have taken you to the service department and scheduled your first service for you when you bought the car. Mine didn't this time, largely because it's an introductory thing and I told him I'd go over and sched. it myself.

If you have any other questions, just ask the sales rep that sold you the car. They have that new car owner satisfaction survey that they want to do well on, and most places are really accomodating to new owners as it is. If you're not happy / unsure of things, ask them.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
I usually change the oil within the first 1000kms. Just to get any contaminates out of the system. But in the end it's your money. :)

...and yes, :postpics:
Old enough to know me limit, yet young enough to exceed it.
Hay,
Well I would say take it to a Ford dealership for the first oil change so they can go over your car while they work on it, I also know the oil filter is always put on to tight when the car is made so let them deal with it. I change my oil every 500KM, but I started reading the manual (got bored at work) and under certian conditions you can go 10000km.
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
Canadian ST,Apr 14 2007, 10:19 PM Wrote:Hay,
Well I would say take it to a Ford dealership for the first oil change so they can go over your car while they work on it, I also know the oil filter is always put on to tight when the car is made so let them deal with it. I change my oil every 500KM, but I started reading the manual (got bored at work) and under certian conditions you can go 10000km.
[right][snapback]234742[/snapback][/right]

I hope you mean every 5000km... because 500km's is like changing your oil just about every fill up... :lol:
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
I usually change mine more often then 5000Km's....I change it around 3500, and do so with Full Synthetic oil and whatnot. Yeah, it's pricey, but if gives me peace of mind...
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
Drivesthebeast,Apr 15 2007, 08:15 PM Wrote:I usually change mine more often then 5000Km's....I change it around 3500, and do so with Full Synthetic oil and whatnot.  Yeah, it's pricey, but if gives me peace of mind...
[right][snapback]234836[/snapback][/right]

Every 3500km on fully sythetic??? :o
If you ask me your wasting your money with the type of frequency. Even if you drive it really hard.

I switch mine every 7500km on full sync, no problems at all. Oil is still consistent and looks nearly new. B)
Yellow 2000 ZX3 - Tinted Windows, SVT Air Intake, MBRP Exhaust, NewEdge Performance 2.25" Flex Pipe, Focus Sport UDP, SVT Bumper, Ford Racing 9MM Wires, K&N Filter, XCal2 ECU Upgrade, Shorty Antenna, Ported Throttle Body
190,000 KM (120,000 Miles) and counting!
just found this forum, and found an '03 zx5 (can i be part of this club?). Canada is considered extreme enviorment, and for the price of oil compared to an engine....
I'm all for wasting oil over bearing surfaces.
First year with a Foci ' 03 ZX5 Silver
Baby seat, Roush Exhuast, more performance mods to come
Apparently we don't discriminate here, nor do we kick out ex-Focus owners. :lol:

Welcome to FC.net!
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
I can't believe I still have to use this but :