Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Caused This..
[Image: wtfrn5.th.jpg]

Went for a boot with a buddy to adventure somewhere cool, and decided to jump out and snap a few pics of my car, for a "recent" view, I liked how dirty it was ;)

After my first picture I looked at my camera's LCD and noticed a wicked dent, so I looked up and noticed the same dent real time in my fender..

What the fawk?

I checked for paint, didn't see any exchange .. Anyone have any idea how this happened? Hit and run? Door? Reverse into my car..? Kick? Bat? What :|

I don't know.. Looks like I need 2 new fenders now, my other one has a dent from my mom driving into my house :|

Anyone know of a good aftermarket pair of fenders that fit well ? I know that the fiberglass Z3/4 fenders tend to fit awkward, I want something more straight forward that doesn't require alot of fitment issues.. Something I can do in my driveway, paint at a buddies, and not have it be 2 inches from the door :P

And pref something not like 800 bucks for a pair.. lol..

Or anyone have a pair of fenders? ;) Pref. in Liq Grey? :D
[Image: rivalphotographygf0.jpg]
Hit n run, but with what? It's almost definitely a "soft impact"... no paint, no scratches. Parked near any lumber or grocery stores lately? That's how I got the worst ding on our old sedan... hit-n-run shopping cart extravaganza.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
a lil angry x-girlfriend?
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
WOW that sux it's right on the body line a real PITA to fix... it's huge too.. MAN sh##ty buzz... if I had a fender I'd give it to you...
[Image: forumsig.jpg]

I could List my mods.. my times and even my future mods here.. but there the same as yours.. with a little less conversation and a lot more action!
I also noticed the crack in my bumper has gotten significantly bigger, it's now up past the top of the lower grill, def. not fixable, at least permanently..

Looks like a pair of fenders and a bumper are in order..

If I break a lens somehow, I think I'll just look at the 06 conversion lol..

Any other idea's on what I should do..? I don't 100% care about this car looking mint, as it'll probably get damaged again.. but I don't want it to be so obviously damaged :|..

I got dinged in the EXACT same place a coupke of years ago. I managed to suck most of the dent out with a plunger and hid the rest with a good buff and wax. You can hardly notice it anymore.
^^ I must say I've never notice ANY marks on Anthony's car :lol
2004 Ford Focus ZX5 MTX75 - Liquid Grey -

15.7 @ 86mph

1994 Pontiac Trans AM 25th Anniversary 6 spd -

12.3 @ 110mph

2013 Ford Focus ST - Oxford White

1/4 TBD
[Image: image,Burnin1,black,blue.png]
That's the idea.
ANTHONYD,Mar 29 2007, 06:43 AM Wrote:I got dinged in the EXACT same place a coupke of years ago. I managed to suck most of the dent out with a plunger and hid the rest with a good buff and wax. You can hardly notice it anymore.
[right][snapback]232374[/snapback][/right]

A plunger like ... a toilet one? Lol..

What kind? :|

ex1z7,Mar 29 2007, 05:32 PM Wrote:
ANTHONYD,Mar 29 2007, 06:43 AM Wrote:I got dinged in the EXACT same place a coupke of years ago. I managed to suck most of the dent out with a plunger and hid the rest with a good buff and wax. You can hardly notice it anymore.
[right][snapback]232374[/snapback][/right]

A plunger like ... a toilet one? Lol..

What kind? :|
[right][snapback]232431[/snapback][/right]

Ya that usually will work. Just be smart with it, dont smash it against your dent lol
2000 ZX3
I'm sorry to here that, I know where your coming from though, I've had replace both fenders due to people hitting them with there car doors. I got basically new fenders from Dom's Auto Wreckers in Candice, Ontario. 140.00 for the fender 150-170 to get it painted black. Put it on myself. One word of warning, the passenger side is a bitch! The windshield wiper reservoir is in the way of putting on a bolt.

Good luck,

Shawn Bailey
Performance & Cosmetic: Steeda Cold Air intake // Steeda 65mm throttle body // MBRP FlexBack exhaust // Steeda STS with hand made (by me) leather boots // tinted rear & triangles limo, doors 35%
Audio: Pioneer DEH P4700MP, larger JBL Door speakers, JBL amp and 10" JBL sub.
Next Mods: Front strut bar // rear engine mount // SCT Xcal 2 // Stage 1 Crane cams // SVT suspension // 17" rims.

Pics

http://www.angelfire.com/ultra2/gamers/my_...index.album?i=1
The Mailman 666,Apr 11 2007, 01:59 AM Wrote:I'm sorry to here that, I know where your coming from though, I've had replace both fenders due to people hitting them with there car doors. I got basically new fenders from Dom's Auto Wreckers in Candice, Ontario. 140.00 for the fender 150-170 to get it painted black. Put it on myself. One word of warning, the passenger side is a bitch! The windshield wiper reservoir is in the way of putting on a bolt.

Good luck,

Shawn Bailey
[right][snapback]234192[/snapback][/right]

for the record, the 2005-2007 Focus has the washer bottle on the passenger side
the 2000 - 2004 has the washer bottle on the driver's side.

It's not that hard to replace the Focus fenders, I did mine and the wiring for the repeaters on my Euro fenders in less then an hour, it's about 9 bolts to undo and then it's just a matter of pulling it off.

I have a Stock passenger fender for sale if your interested in it, but it's Yellow.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
I had a dent like that. It was from a kids head who decided to try to outmuscle an RCMP and got pretty much DDT'd into my fender in the theatre parking lot. I was like WTF?? Cop was like shut the f... up. I looked at the crumpled kid on the ground and said OK but who's gonna fix my fender? Make a report. So I did. RCMP never fixed it. It was funny as hell to see though.
No name, Cheap and Slutty.

MMM Daddy Like
ok id put my foot through the cops fender, id take it to court , he dented mine I dented his.
Ford Focus SES ZX5
Blue Underglow, Clear Corners, Shorty antenna, vogtland springs , Rust Module,Truebendz 2.5 ss magnaflow and Fuzion 205/50/16 HRI's
TEAM DURATEC # 99
That side got drilled by a flying sign in a windstorm before the court date so insurance fixed it afterall.
No name, Cheap and Slutty.

MMM Daddy Like
haha it would be funny to see tho , did he get up and claim his wwe belt ?
Ford Focus SES ZX5
Blue Underglow, Clear Corners, Shorty antenna, vogtland springs , Rust Module,Truebendz 2.5 ss magnaflow and Fuzion 205/50/16 HRI's
TEAM DURATEC # 99