Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tinting Removal $$$ Can You Believe This?
meford4u,Sep 28 2006, 01:25 PM Wrote:your a sick fawk anthony......................

WHEN THE RIVER RUNS RED...TAKE THE DIRT ROAD INSTEAD
[right][snapback]209033[/snapback][/right]

C'mon you love it.

So much for being subtle.
meford4u,Sep 28 2006, 01:25 PM Wrote:your a sick fawk anthony......................

WHEN THE RIVER RUNS RED...TAKE THE DIRT ROAD INSTEAD
[right][snapback]209033[/snapback][/right]

Advice to live by. :rolleyes:
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

ANTHONYD,Sep 28 2006, 08:16 AM Wrote:It's the rear window I'm worried about.

Maybe I'll do all the other ones and then take the rear to the pros.
[right][snapback]208987[/snapback][/right]

I work at a tint and audio shop, bake the back windshield with amonia(or heat with a hair dryer) when you get the tint off, spray adhesive remover on the glue spots. Let that sit, then scrub the window down with fine steel wool. repeat if needed to get all the glue off the window. Then use windex. If you use a razor to scrape the tint, be careful of the defroster. One nic and it will be ruined.
Lil Jon's Focus,Oct 7 2006, 02:3 Wrote:
ANTHONYD,Sep 28 2006, 08:16 AM Wrote:It's the rear window I'm worried about.

Maybe I'll do all the other ones and then take the rear to the pros.
[right][snapback]208987[/snapback][/right]

I work at a tint and audio shop, bake the back windshield with amonia(or heat with a hair dryer) when you get the tint off, spray adhesive remover on the glue spots. Let that sit, then scrub the window down with fine steel wool. repeat if needed to get all the glue off the window. Then use windex. If you use a razor to scrape the tint, be careful of the defroster. One nic and it will be ruined.
[right][snapback]210566[/snapback][/right]
Steel wool is alright for the defroster?

I my wife tried to remove a university sticker from her window and botched the defroster with steel wool?

Does fine woll make the difference???

Hoaw about I bring it to your shop.... I'm not paying 200 bucks. :lol:
Why are you taking the tint off???If you are in Burlington, I have some connection on some people that do tinting...I work in Burlington, so maybe I can help you out if you want...
The tinting is getting the boot because it's all faded and gone purple. y firt problem was I went to Tint King :rolleyes: I wasn't too bright back then :lol:.

So now, I can't stand the sight of it, so I want it off my car.

I think the next weekend where the weather is respectable, I'm going to get it off the side windows, and wheel the car in somewhere to have the rear window removed.

Atleast if they bugger up my defroster, I have someone to yell at. :P
ANTHONYD,Oct 10 2006, 09:13 AM Wrote:Atleast if they bugger up my defroster, I have someone to yell at. :P
[right][snapback]210843[/snapback][/right]

Good plan, its alot harder to yell at yourself without looking like a complete nut job.

Good luck with the tint removal.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

p.s. you can get rear defroster repair kits to fix your rear defroster. As long as it's the actual defroster line and not wiring harness where it attaches to the window you can fix it.

get the defroster repair kit.. it's like an acrylic paint... sorta.. mask off the line you want to fix. you really need to have a good eye for this. Then take an eraser, and dab a moderate amount of paint on like a stamp pad... let sit a couple minutes, then remove the tape.

voila. fixed rear defroster...
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

I removed some of the crappy purple faded tint from my windows with nothing more than a razor blade scraper. I just got an edge started on the tint and i peeled it off, simple.

The rear window will be a total bitch though , however there are rear window defroster repair kits , so meh , i would do what youre gonna do , take all the tint off except the rear window and get that s*** done when you get your car re-tinted.
I removed some of the crappy purple faded tint from my windows with nothing more than a razor blade scraper. I just got an edge started on the tint and i peeled it off, simple.

The rear window will be a total bitch though , however there are rear window defroster repair kits , so meh , i would do what youre gonna do , take all the tint off except the rear window and get that s*** done when you get your car re-tinted.