Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Focus Tuning Shops
Is there any recommended Focus tuning shops in the Toronto area?
You know, the kind of place that has what you're looking for instead of buying it online all the time.

Cheers!
:)

CTA Motorsports.....steeda.ca isnt to far form Toronto either...
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Flofocus,Sep 19 2006, 10:47 AM Wrote:CTA Motorsports.....steeda.ca isnt to far form Toronto either...
[right][snapback]207631[/snapback][/right]

I've never dealt with CTA but a heads up on steeda.ca, they have a pretty good selection of focus parts, but most of them aren't in stock. They get all their stuff shipped in from the states, so getting parts in can sometimes take sometime depending on when their shipments are arriving.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

habmann,Sep 19 2006, 10:48 AM Wrote:I've never dealt with CTA but a heads up on steeda.ca, they have a pretty good selection of focus parts, but most of them aren't in stock. They get all their stuff shipped in from the states, so getting parts in can sometimes take sometime depending on when their shipments are arriving.
[right][snapback]207633[/snapback][/right]
CTA has a really good rep within the Contour/Mystique community -- the good news is he's in Brampton but having said that the business contact location is a house.

I tried to purchase some Contour parts off him but he didn't have them in stock -- had to order from the states -- so you may want to confirm inventory status before purchasing.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
Another negative tick against Steeda.ca - they're a Mustang shop that must have some weird obligation to carry Focus parts as part of their Steeda franchise agreement. They know sparingly of how to tune the Focus, and even less about the SPI. Say what you will, but it is a legitimate engine for tuning. Their lack of expertise with 4-cyls. really shows some times.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.