Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opinions
I've been looking at some different headlights, to see what options are out there. came across some on ebay that looked interesting. What headlights other than the stock headlights are good looking, easy to install and of good quality? i can't afford the SVT bi-xenon, from Ford.. unless they're inexpensive.
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
theres plenty of the projector ones around on ebay and stuff, you might even find some one FF in the for sale section.
Little bit of show, little bit of go.
Bulbs or case
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

Scorcher000,Sep 30 2009, 09:14 AM Wrote:Bulbs or case
[right][snapback]295118[/snapback][/right]
Entire assembly.
K&N Filter.....
oldeguy,Sep 30 2009, 08:21 AM Wrote:
Scorcher000,Sep 30 2009, 09:14 AM Wrote:Bulbs or case
[right][snapback]295118[/snapback][/right]
Entire assembly.
[right][snapback]295119[/snapback][/right]

Oh... Ebay
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified

Maybe I'm not being clear, I want to know what are good quality headlights, so if i get them from ebay or whereever, I'm not goona get ripped off.
K&N Filter.....
Check these from Kijiji. They have been posted since August so I don't know if they are still available or not but its worth a try.

Kijiji Ad

Or This Kijiji Ad
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
Honestly either get the HID's from ford, or don't bother wasting your money with anything else.

If you just want for the looks, then just take yours a part and paint the inside, just like the SVT ones. Its not going to give you any more light, but it will just make it look pretty :)

"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

Or buy an HID kit which I am doing tonight. $125 delivered tax in.

Slim Digital Balast, 8000K Low beam with Halogen Hi's
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
Focus man, Focus.,Sep 30 2009, 02:55 PM Wrote:Check these from Kijiji.&nbsp; They have been posted since August so I don't know if they are still available or not but its worth a try.

Or This Kijiji Ad
[right][snapback]295173[/snapback][/right]

Get these then work your way upto an HID kit in them
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
The light output is s*** from all of the light. Do what I did and what Kev is doing now. HID in the stockers. Take em a part and paint them up.

wont HID's in a stock reflector housing blind everyone lol.
Little bit of show, little bit of go.
I was quite impressed with the light output of my Hella projector-beam headlights. We did some measuring on a straight stretch of highway 11, and confirmed we could see road signs from about 1.5km away with the highs.

and even the lows were heads and tails above the mustang lights (gonna have to fix that issue soon IMO).
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

I'm with DP on the recommend of Hella's light out put, but if wired up incorrectly you can have some major issues like I did way back when, not to mention cracking in the extreme cold....

I'd Highly recommend the European OEM facelift headlights as I still find the light output is very close to that of the hellas, and it's OEM so you only have to do a minor mod to your wiring harness, and it also encloses the signel lights into the head light units... though if you have a bulb burn out you have to take the headlight out to change them... I've had my ST170 head lights for over 4 yers now, and I can say they were still the best investment I made to my focus as they look nice, and I've never had an issue with them.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Frost__2001,Sep 30 2009, 07:54 PM Wrote:I'm with DP on the recommend of Hella's light out put, but if wired up incorrectly you can have some major issues like I did way back when, not to mention cracking in the extreme cold....

I'd Highly recommend the European OEM facelift headlights as I still find the light output is very close to that of the hellas, and it's OEM so you only have to do a minor mod to your wiring harness, and it also encloses the signel lights into the head light units... though if you have a bulb burn out you have to take the headlight out to change them...&nbsp; I've had my ST170 head lights for over 4 yers now, and I can say they were still the best investment I made to my focus as they look nice, and I've never had an issue with them.
[right][snapback]295193[/snapback][/right]

agreed euro is the way to go. just bought some facelift headlights to go with my ghia grill.
zetec crew #200
If you can chop your own wood you will warm yourself twice
Zetec: Its always on