Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Front Brakes
so my front brakes are absolutely pooched... i get a nice little grind when i come to a stop. so today i figured hell i mite aswell replace them cause if i order aftermarket stuff its going to take a week so i call up CT to see what they got to get me thru another month... turns out they have nothing for the 05-07 focus front brakes, no rotors, no pads... WTF?? im likely going to end up biting the bullet and going with power slot rotors and hawk hps pads, i can order em from steeda and likely have em in a week... kinda blows mind you. any thoughts on this??
2007 ZX4 2.0l unaturally aspirated
FSwerks stage 2 Turbo kit, Cosworth Intake Manifold, 3" custom HKS turbo back
regular stage 2 @10ps : 232whp/219wtq
stage 2 plus @ 13psi: 278whp/229wtq
Stage 2 plus @15psi: 296whp/240wtq

2013 Focus ST Tuxedo Black - The daily
Check with ZTWsquared. He may have some used rotors and pads for 05-07 kicking around. You can used them while you wait for your aftermarket rotors and pads.
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.
was there difference btw 00~04 and 05+ pads??
i thought front were same but rear..
correct me if i m wrong..

i got no positive things to say about hawk hps pads..
i have brembo oe rotors and with hawk, i cannot stand this squeal noise..

i liked brembo oe pads..
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
konafocuswrc,Sep 12 2009, 08:35 PM Wrote:was there difference btw 00~04 and 05+ pads??
i thought front were same but rear..
correct me if i m wrong..
rear is same, fronts are bigger on the 05+
Little bit of show, little bit of go.
GFXjamie,Sep 12 2009, 12:43 PM Wrote:so my front brakes are absolutely pooched... i get a nice little grind when i come to a stop. so today i figured hell i mite aswell replace them cause if i order aftermarket stuff its going to take a week so i call up CT to see what they got to get me thru another month... turns out they have nothing for the 05-07 focus front brakes, no rotors, no pads... WTF?? im likely going to end up biting the bullet and going with power slot rotors and hawk hps pads, i can order em from steeda and likely have em in a week... kinda blows mind you. any thoughts on this??
[right][snapback]294205[/snapback][/right]
Power slots worked great for me , I have them on for over 2 years now , used them on the track also and I only have good things to say about them . I bought them from Overdrive here in Barrie for about $250 fronts and took them about 36 hours to get in my hands .Great braking , no warp . I don't know about Steeda.ca though , last year I ordered a strut tower bar , they said one week but it turned into about 16 days . As for pads I have on the second set of ceramic hybrids from Napa , called Adaptive One . Good for daily drive , great on track ,no fade when hot , actually the hotter the better , very low on dust . Their downside is pretty high price , $90 US when bought them in Chicago and $180 when got them here in Bradford . In cold weather don't bite like OEM's at first brake .
so far i have had pretty good service from steeda, plus they have a great price, its going to be about 300$ for pads and rotors... not to bad IMO. and ya kona, the fronts are bigger and also the rear drums i believe are slightly bigger aswell. but who cares about the rear, im gunna do SVT swap this winter i hope. Steeda now has Ford Racing SVT rear brakes on their site for 700$ :) not to shabby. not sure what kens price is right now tho, he wouldnt be far off.

these brakes are a PITA, i think ill just not drive it til their done, the brakes seem to not be releasing like they shud because after stopping i get a noise for every revolutuion of the wheel... rather annoying. i can still stop alright, just the noise and pedal feel is out of this world gay

dBlast,Sep 12 2009, 01:30 PM Wrote:Check with ZTWsquared.  He may have some used rotors and pads for 05-07 kicking around.  You can used them while you wait for your aftermarket rotors and pads.
[right][snapback]294212[/snapback][/right]

Yeah ... I have a set of rotors and pads from my '07 wagon - they have about 20k on them and probably by now have a thin coating of rust ... if you just want something to get you by, you can have them.

If you're coming out tomorrow let me know and I'll bring them.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
just finished replacing the rotors and pads with kens stuff, and one quick question...

Why the heck would i have only 1 completely worn down pad and all the rest have about 15% left on them? it was drivers side inside pad...??? it was worn flat down to what look like rivets on the pad and there is absolutely no material left, had one hell of a time removing the rotor because the pad stuck to it LOL

either way, cars got 68xxx km and they were factory brakes... not bad IMO for how i drive... (i drive my car really hard as most us likely do)

GFXjamie,Sep 19 2009, 03:00 PM Wrote:just finished replacing the rotors and pads with kens stuff, and one quick question...

Why the heck would i have only 1 completely worn down pad and all the rest have about 15% left on them? it was drivers side inside pad...??? it was worn flat down to what look like rivets on the pad and there is absolutely no material left, had one hell of a time removing the rotor because the pad stuck to it LOL

either way, cars got 68xxx km and they were factory brakes... not bad IMO for how i drive... (i drive my car really hard as most us likely do)
[right][snapback]294570[/snapback][/right]
Make sure the calipers are not seized on the slider pins. This is probably the most common cause of uneven pad wear.

Ivan MacKenzie.
Old Ride: 2001 Malibu Blue MTX Street Edition Wagon
New Ride: 2010 Mocha Brown MT 2.0T Passat Wagon