Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Explourer 7.0 Beta / Windows Media 11 Beta
well I just got the most recent versions of these two things and I must say I'm impressed with the new Explourer 7.0 Beta, and it's new tabs feature is really interesting I'm still getting the hang of using this but one feature I like is it can filter our errors or potential threats and adware.

Windows Media 11 Beta player has a few new features, but I really hate the fast forward button, and it looks better.

anyone else running these ?
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Newsflash, Mozilla & Firefox have had tabs for ages ;) And who knows what other ones.

I still won't use IE 7 or anything unless its absolutely necessary.. unless they manage to make it not suck.
The new: 2013 Tangerine Scream ST
The old: 2005 ZX4 - MBRP 2.25", Marcy Motorsport CAI. SCT Tuning, Eibach Pro-System
--
Team PITA
torradan,Jul 3 2006, 12:37 PM Wrote:Newsflash, Mozilla & Firefox have had tabs for ages ;)  And who knows what other ones.

I still won't use IE 7 or anything unless its absolutely necessary.. unless they manage to make it not suck.
[right][snapback]196239[/snapback][/right]

well they make it look and appear more like the features you'd find on fire fox, like the web pages tabs you can look at them like thunb nails, it's kinda Apple-ish lol :lol:
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
So far they're doing a pretty good job at making IE7 not suck. As for WMP11 I haven't used it.
Silver '05 Saabaru 9-2X Aero
Lemme see.

IE, nope.
WMP, nope.
MSN Messenger, nope.
Windows, unfortunately yes.

If i could get rid of windows, i would.

I use Firefox, winamp, and Gaim.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
opera owns
So IE getting better means that it's becoming more like Firefox? :P I still wont use it just for all the browser exploits that keep popping up for IE. Although I guess with Firefox gaining huge popularity we'll probably see the same s*** happen to it too.
I like ie, I just use avant browser to add the tabbed functions. Opera has been much better to me in the past, than firefox and the like... which is why i've stuck with ie.
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
I really think the only reason IE has all those exploits is because of how many people use it. It probably wasn't programmed the best either, but the fact that 95% of everyone uses it, makes it a bigger and better target. Though one can argue that Mozilla patches Firefox quicker than MS patches IE. I don't think I'd dispute that.

I hated using Avant and the other addon for IE. only thing I use IE for is hotmail, because MSN opens it in it, and the only reason I use the real MSN is because I have stupid friends and Trillian doesn't work with half the features MSN has and my friends get mad I don't see their emoticon or can't do video or sound etc...

As for IE copying firefox, I'm not so sure, it's hard to think of better ideas, and there's nothing wrong with copying something someone else did if it's a good idea, like tabbed browsing. Firefox wasn't the first browser with that either.

It's kinda funny though, isn't Mozilla, and Mozilla Firefox spin offs of Netscape when they open sourced their browser? so it's kind of gone full circle. I realize that the Mozilla now and the netscape that was open sourced are probably completely different after years and changes, but still, it was Netscape.
Silver '05 Saabaru 9-2X Aero
IE is crap, really. The only thing it has going for it is easy plugin installation. However, that's "easy" in Joe Sixpack terms.

Once you're familiar with Firefox's Extensions system... you'll wonder why it's done any other way. It's just that simple. I use ForecastFox and the new version of Bookmarks Synchronizer for backing up all of my bookmarks to an XML sheet. Very handy.

Firefox wasn't the first browser with tabs, but by and large they were the first ones to get all the supporting functions right (reload this tab, reload all tabs, close this tab, close all other tabs is a hell of a powerful context menu for a single right-click).

Opera has been too far "out there" for quite some time. It's the "quiet riot" browser, and as long as they don't properly display some web pages correctly (it's also the only browser I've ever seen mangle Outlook Web Access badly)... I'll refuse to use it, nevermind recommend it to other folks.

There are a lot of reasons to not use MS stuff at home, but in the Enterprise, stuff like Exchange is king. And it just works. So there's no reason not to use it just because a fringe browser can't render the content correctly.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
I use Windows XP home, IE, Media Player, and that's about it...I'm both NOT a computer geek, nor do I have the patience either...computer stuff, whether it be programming or whatever, has no allure for me...neither does playing poker or other card games...
Bleeding Ford Blue again...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Posting From Longhorn Server Beta 3 NOS2Go4Me 0 759 06-04-2007, 05:22 AM
Last Post: NOS2Go4Me
  Vista Beta + Nforce 4 Amd scoobasteve 5 2,082 09-26-2006, 01:50 AM
Last Post: scoobasteve