Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
T-stat Housing
So I am on my way to work this morning and I noticed a slight smell for anit-freeze in the air. I was following an old POS chevy truck so I didn't think much about it. I park at work and go in. At lunch I go out and I notice a rather large puddle under my car and think "Great, just what I need right now". I drive home for a bite and when I get there I open the hood and there is coolant running down the block along the seam where it mounts to the tranny and dripping at the back close to the oil pan. So I call the dealer and tell them I am bringing it in for service. I drop it off and sure enough it is the T-stat housing.

2 Hours later it is done and it didn't cost a cent due to my extended warranty. So I am all good, or so I thought. I get on the hiway and head out to Scarlem to have dinner with my GF. Pull in the drive way and notice a trail of coolant following me. DAMMIT!!! I say along with a few other choice words. I have yet to open the hood but as soon as it cools at bit I am going out to see what they forgot to tighten.

I will post my findings in a few minutes. I am going to see what is wrong now.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
So of course I waited to long to check where the leak was. It had cooled down enough to stop dripping. I couldn't even see any wetness on the block. I will have to go for a drive and see what I can find.

i had a similar problem before and all it was the t-stat screws were loose.

and after that no problems :D
"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

Here's what you do. Heat the engine up real good, then when u pop the hood somehow burn your hands and sue ford. :D

Nah just kidding

But my guess prolly bad seal on tstat or loose.
2005 Liquid Grey ZX3 RIP
http://members.cardomain.com/phantom66
Mods so far : Mazda 3 Wiper Arm, Shorty Antenna, Alpine CDA-9887 HU, 17" Enkei Evo6 Hyper Black Nexen N3000 215/45/17
2010 World Rally Blue Subaru Impreza WRX STi
Ok, just got back from a tour. Went to the gas station and then to DQ and got something different. :P It was good and warm when we got back. I could smell it all the way. Popped the hood and looked under the car and there was nothing. I think it must have been just some excess coolant spilling out as I pulled into the drive way, and the excess burning off the block. I am going to clean the engine this weekend and see where I stand. But after tonight I think everything is going to be fine.

Problem solved.... I hope :ph34r:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  T-stat Housing, Again. Focus man. Focus. 8 2,253 05-03-2008, 02:24 AM
Last Post: Focus man. Focus.