Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Help Sourcing Cf Hood In Canada
Hey guys, recently had an accident with my car and looks like the hood is toast so I'm trying to make the best of a bad situation. I never really planned on going with a CF hood before, but the opportunity has presented ifself and I'm starting to try to find places in Canada that sell CF hoods for the focus. I searched and found a thread about some shops in the the GTA which is a good start, but I'm in Winnipeg and would like to find any info about where I could get one between MB to BC. I already posted in the ZX3tuning forum, but Mitch said the company he used to deal with closed down so I'm SOL there it seems. I would prefer an OEM look hood, but I might consider something with a scoop or vent as long as it could be closed off. This will be for my daily driver so I'd prefer one that I can mount my windshield nozzle sprayers on. Also I don't want to use hood pins so no Ebay cheapo specials that the hood latch might fail on and come flying up into my face.
ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED, THANK YOU.
I got mine from Jarrod...

Not sure he's on here much, but his screen name is FociS8nt.

He sold me my VIS cf invader hood through http://www.cubed.ca
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
I can get you an OEM style carbon Fibre hood from my cousin. They got really good prices on this kind of stuff, send me an PM and we can get talking. His shop is called Lethal Motorsports and it's located between Appleby and Walkers Line on Fairview St. here in Burlington. If you decide to purchase the hood from us, I can always deliver it to your area, free of charge. Thanks alot,

Matt
2004 Ford Focus ZX5 MTX75 - Liquid Grey -

15.7 @ 86mph

1994 Pontiac Trans AM 25th Anniversary 6 spd -

12.3 @ 110mph

2013 Ford Focus ST - Oxford White

1/4 TBD
[Image: image,Burnin1,black,blue.png]
Matt, the guys in manitoba. You might want to reconsider the free delivery.

He's a little outside the 30minutes or it's free delivery area :lol:
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
Anyone else? Is SL8RZZX3 teh only guy on here with a CF hood?
I believe, Bigman and Zoom also have CF hoods.

Mitch gets them as well, If i finished my car the way i wanted it, I would have got the OEM look one from him w/ blue weave.
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
scoobasteve,May 15 2006, 09:34 AM Wrote:I believe, Bigman and Zoom also have CF hoods.

Mitch gets them as well, If i finished my car the way i wanted it, I would have got the OEM look one from him w/ blue weave.
[right][snapback]187538[/snapback][/right]

I already asked Mitch in his vendor forum, he said the company he was getting from got out of the autoparts game. :angry:
I hate to say this...
But perhaps you can ask on FJ.

I just checked the Steeda site.

It looks like they can get them, don't have pictures avalilable though
05 Altima SE-R
Yeah, I checked steeda.ca, almost $800 bucks for the CF OEM look hood!!!! Has to be a better price around than that! "That's crazy son"!!!!!
800? i thought that was about the standard price.

I think Mitch's guy was about the same price
05 Altima SE-R
Mitch's guy was $750, but I thought that was the high end of the scale, not the middle. :( Mitch spoke of the HIGH quality of the hoods he was getting, so I assumed your getting what you pay for. I was expecting around $600 for good quality hood.