Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ford Racing Tails
Hey, I picked up some tails for my car today off a guy at Timmies today, and I've already started on the mods. Who knew that alittle hot water and they fall apart, LOL. Gunna paint the inside flat black to match the fronts...I personally don't like them, but for $20 I may as well try. Pics coming...I didn't know something with "FordRacing" on them could be so ugly...
2002 Infra-red ZTS
Are they the rocket launchers?

[Image: IMG_0037.jpg]

If so, yeah, they need work.
Yeah, Ford Racing branded the APC taillights and sold them through dealerships, etc. Those things have to be the absolute worst taillights you can buy, both for looks and quality..
Definately ugly in stock form. But who knows with a coat of paint maybe they'll look half decent.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

He has the sedan versions, which will look pretty sweet painted inside!

And the hatch style actually look pretty good when they are painted to match but on the outside
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
thanks guilty...good thing I only spent 20 bones huh?
2002 Infra-red ZTS
It'll be interesting to see pics of the finished product. Hope they turn out nice for ya.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

residentdud,Apr 20 2006, 01:59 PM Wrote:Gunna paint the inside flat black to match the fronts...
[right][snapback]182386[/snapback][/right]

i did mine in flat black last year too, here the result

[Image: 264365_484_full.jpg]
2001 Focus SE Sport, Automatic
[Image: 24070_7026.jpg]
http://www.cardomain.com/id/focusgold
focusgold2001,Apr 21 2006, 05:52 AM Wrote:
residentdud,Apr 20 2006, 01:59 PM Wrote:Gunna paint the inside flat black to match the fronts...
[right][snapback]182386[/snapback][/right]

i did mine in flat black last year too, here the result

[right][snapback]182535[/snapback][/right]

you know those would look really good if they didn't have like 3 circles I think that's just over kill. Other than that they look good
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
They actually look pretty good painted flat black on the inside. Hope yours turn out that well residentdud.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Go

Here are my stock TYC black tails. I was thinking bout opening them up and paint down the chrome spots, but I kinda like em this way. :)

[Image: car7.jpg]
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin

Now we're talking.
ANTHONYD,Apr 21 2006, 10:11 AM Wrote:[Image: 264365_484_full.jpg]

Now we're talking.
[right][snapback]182578[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, we're talking Peel Region cops up your butt with an anal probe with tails like that I'm afraid :rolleyes:

Like those meatheads don't have anything better ta do, like say, I dunno CATCH CRIMINALS!

NefCanuck
I don't think they would bother you too much for that.

If they were lightly tinted (not like Nos') I think they would get by.
ANTHONYD,Apr 21 2006, 10:18 AM Wrote:I don't think they would bother you too much for that.

If they were lightly tinted (not like Nos') I think they would get by.
[right][snapback]182583[/snapback][/right]

It'd be interesting that's for sure. Damn, I have to see if I can swing the MBRP soon. I wanna see if I can attract a cop's attention, just for the circus that would follow :lol:

NefCanuck
the tails are done, just waiting for the seal to cure. I took a few hours yesterday and sanded down all the peaks and valley's, and rounded the edges a bit too. They're gunna look sweet. I only wish I could post the pics...for some reason the page always expires!!!!!
2002 Infra-red ZTS
I have the same tails. I also just finished painting them.
Before....

[Image: DSC011971.jpg]

After....

[Image: Im004047.jpg]

I left the chrome ring around each light. I think it looks 10x better.