Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speedhut Gauges In!
hey, I just got finished installing my speedhut gauges last night.
after the 2 months I was too lazy to go in and do it, so here they are now.

here are some pics:

[Image: 2.jpg]

[Image: 6.jpg]

[Image: 7.jpg]

Night shots!

[Image: 9.jpg]

[Image: 10.jpg]

and of course, the stock pic, I chose to literally colour my needles red with a sharpie:

[Image: 1.jpg]

they have the option to change from blue to green, you cant really tell the difference on the cam, but in the car is very noticeable.

I made it with a RS-type Redline, its one sick mod! it came out to $59USD shipped, so $65 + 8 for customs :)

my temp needle is a bit off oh well.

thanks for looking!
~Lorne
THE FOCUS IS GONE! THE LEGEND IS DEAD!

but hey, im still around.....
Looks good. :)
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

PerfectSaiyan,Apr 22 2006, 05:02 PM Wrote:my temp needle is a bit off oh well.
[right][snapback]182877[/snapback][/right]

Same with mine. Ah well, i'll fix it when I get around to it... maybe.

They looks great btw!
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
Finally!
I think you were the first to order, even before the group buy. Glad to finally see them installed. How bright are those at night? I bet it will take some getting used to.

Great Job.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
they are definately bright at night, but you can adjust the light.

basically the brightest means a teal-ish colour, and the lowest setting is a dark blue setting.

I have gotten used to it , but my gf hasnt yet haha..

have I mentioned my speedo is 10km off? hahaha
THE FOCUS IS GONE! THE LEGEND IS DEAD!

but hey, im still around.....
Very nice.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Looks sweet man..good job on the install...clean.....

welcome to the speedhut club
"The weak shall inherit...........NOTHING"
Mods so far:
- 2 Inch Drop, Focus Sport Cold Air Intake, Street Glow 4 light strobe system,MBRP Cat back exhaust, 35% tint on front windows, 5% all around the rear. 1 Million Color Flowlighting Underglow kit, Inside and out. SPEEDHUT custom indiglo Guages, Sirius Satellite Radio, Pioneer DH6800 Deck, 15" Solo-Baric L7 Sub,Enkei 17 inch rims, Belltronic Radar Detector
why is your temp and speed off? Did you take the needels out? Why? The set that i bought didnt require the removal of the needels.

"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

Because if the needles are moved what so ever, they need to be recalibrated. Driving with the gauge cover off helps that situation, that's what I did :lol: and when I drove for about five mins I centered the temp gauge as best as possible... it's still not perfect though. No biggie.
'14 Escape 2.0t
I didn't take my needles off when I put my SpeedHut guages on. I moved the needles around to line them up with the face while I was sliding it on. They are still in the same place. I even had to pull the needles away from the housing to gain a little clearance. But I guess everyone does things a little different.

Still looks great.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
Focus man, Focus.,Apr 23 2006, 02:54 AM Wrote:I didn't take my needles off when I put my SpeedHut guages on.  I moved the needles around to line them up with the face while I was sliding it on.  They are still in the same place.  I even had to pull the needles away from the housing to gain a little clearance.  But I guess everyone does things a little different.

Still looks great.
[right][snapback]182923[/snapback][/right]
yup same here, it's a bit tricky but if you're slow and have time it'll fit. I had to tape mine down though for the needles to clear.
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
Yeah, we pulled the needles up a bit on mine too. I had it stick at 140 km the day after I had them installed... :lol: The new clearance solved that issue.
'14 Escape 2.0t
That looks SO much better!
Nice work dude. My speedo is 10 KM/H optimistic as well :D
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
I didnt remove my needles either, but you should to the reste trick after wards to make sure.

On my RPM gauge thos the needle would stick throughour the entire sweep, even with the tape, so i took em out.
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
Calibrating the needles is not that hard, trust me ;)

By the way, PerfectSaiyan, would your eyes get tired by looking at the bright background at night? I heard some people complaining about it.
Qui custodiet ipsos custodes?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Speedhut Gauges smith21 8 2,313 04-12-2005, 05:24 PM
Last Post: Zoom
  Speedhut Gauges Zoom 13 3,224 06-05-2004, 09:29 PM
Last Post: paolo