Poll:
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Have Narrowed The Search Down To 2 Cars
naz,Mar 11 2006, 04:18 PM Wrote:
meford4u,Mar 11 2006, 02:54 AM Wrote:
habmann,Mar 10 2006, 07:34 PM Wrote:Maybe he wants to stay in the Ford family, support the company he works for.
[right][snapback]174448[/snapback][/right]

exactly.

Naz. Cmon. Your a smart boy. What do you think would happen to the IS300 in the parking lot at Ford.

Think Again.
[right][snapback]174473[/snapback][/right]

ugh that sucks. get a v8 mustang then. all american y0
[right][snapback]174527[/snapback][/right]

The mustand idea is nice, but it'll just be another mustang. The milan will totally stand out at a ford plant where the ford people will know thats not a car available in Canada.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

meford4u,Mar 10 2006, 03:41 PM Wrote:I know I am older than you in age, but you look older.........hahahahaha
[right][snapback]174399[/snapback][/right]

Sorry for the delayed reply, I've been pretty busy "polling" the electorate. The results are now in and it appears 9 out of 10 women agree I'm the better catch; not mention the fact that my pitch is also acclaimed. It would have been a clean sweep save for your wife. You don't know how lucky you are. Get her the Milan; she deserves something special for a change.

:P

;)
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
2001 ZTS,Mar 11 2006, 08:43 PM Wrote:
meford4u,Mar 10 2006, 03:41 PM Wrote:I know I am older than you in age, but you look older.........hahahahaha

Sorry for the delayed reply, I've been pretty busy "polling" the electorate. The results are now in and it appears 9 out of 10 women agree I'm the better catch; not mention the fact that my pitch is also acclaimed. It would have been a clean sweep save for your wife. You don't know how lucky you are. Get her the Milan; she deserves something special for a change.

;)
[right][snapback]174540[/snapback][/right]

Wow, a stab in the back and a pat on the back. All in one paragraph.

Nice.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
Personally I love the look and design of the and style of the of the new look of Mercury, I actually love the look of the Milan vrs the fusion,it looks more refined in looks. I really wish ford would bring back the Mercury line up in Canada.

If you get the focus I will admit it will look totally good not to mention would be nice to see your son's focus parked beside the wife's car at the car meet and greets.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
opps double posted.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Milan. The EAP SVT is still a problem riddled SVTF with fancy seats and headlights. I do like them but I would suggest a Milan will be a much better buy. You're also more likely to find an unabused Milan, whereas most SVTF's are owned by younger more aggresive drivers, Like myself ;)
[Image: 860doigiveadamn2yy.gif]

Prolly Is not a word
bluetoy,Mar 12 2006, 08:47 AM Wrote:Milan. The EAP SVT is still a problem  riddled  SVTF with fancy seats and headlights. I do like them but I would suggest a Milan will be a much better buy. You're also more likely to find an unabused Milan, whereas most SVTF's are owned by younger more aggresive drivers, Like myself ;)
[right][snapback]174570[/snapback][/right]

YOUNGER?????????????? :P
meford4u,Mar 11 2006, 10:45 PM Wrote:

;)

Nice.
[right][snapback]174544[/snapback][/right]

The wife already has something squishy and soft like waterbed. Why on earth would she want to drive something with those qualities.? :D Go for the SVT.
ANTHONYD,Mar 13 2006, 11:00 AM Wrote:
meford4u,Mar 11 2006, 10:45 PM Wrote:

;)

Nice.
[right][snapback]174544[/snapback][/right]

The wife already has something squishy and soft like waterbed. Why on earth would she want to drive something with those qualities.? :D Go for the SVT.
[right][snapback]174684[/snapback][/right]

Oh , and your doesn't? that pot belly of yours gets bigger with every wing night :lol: Well see whose thinner in the next 6 months.

Who wants an update?

Well I have been test driving the last week or so.

The Fusion..........not bad for what it is. Pretty plain in the basic one but they didn't have the fully loaded version because apparently the car is selling. Whodathunk Ford would have an car that actually sells. But it is a little small for my liking. Surprisingly smaller than the Mazda 6, even though they are on the same platform.

Mazda 6....Nice car, we don't get much off on Aplan($2200 on a $35000 car????) and too bad the wife doesn't like the stick of the Speed 6. That was a hands down choice until yesterday.

Jaguar Xtype. Wife has always wanted a Jag and was bugging to go and test drive one. So I thought for a lark (they are outrageously priced) we would go. Again, this car is on Aplan for me. So we were looking at the sport model they offer. Not alot more $$$ ($3000) for rims tires suspension body kit and a few other things. The car is a little slow off the start, but all Jag's are like that, built for comfort and not break neck speed. Awd too. Nice interior, I was surprised I was so comfortable in a small sedan. But the best part? I get $13,000 off on a $58,000 car. And with that thrown at the residual that makes this car almost affordable. It is still more $$$ than the Fusion or the Mazda, but it is now being given consideration. And after what my wife did as appreciation of consideration last night, I might hold this one in higher regard.
Change the colour to black, but this is the car.
[Image: jag.jpg]

Nice looking Mondeo :lol:

I say go for it, you reach a stage where you buy into a name even though you know you are just buying into a name.

It's like when you reach that stage in life when you stop buying crap from Ikea.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
Run from that Jag, what a total POS. The only thing that will drop faster than your satisfaction level after purchase is it's resale value. I looked at them when I got my IS300 and it really was like looking at a spruced up Taurus. Get a 2yr old IS300 for 25K it's a far better car than any new car in that price range.
I have a few cars.

One for my dog.
One that has no roof.
One that looks good parked at the golf course.
One that is being rebuilt by a guy named Nero..... will it ever be done?
Like I said on Sunday....

I can't see you guys driving a Jag.

Your not pretentious at all, why look like it????
ANTHONYD,May 2 2006, 07:40 AM Wrote:Your not pretentious at all, why look like it????
[right][snapback]184478[/snapback][/right]

I don't think that car makes you look pretentious, more like a sucker who got convinced that buying an 8 year old car that is really nothing more than a Mondeo in drag was a good idea.

I have a few cars.

One for my dog.
One that has no roof.
One that looks good parked at the golf course.
One that is being rebuilt by a guy named Nero..... will it ever be done?
:lol:
Here's your answer.

From Forbes Magazine "The sexiest car for Desperate Housewives"

Sexiest Car For Desperate Housewives: Subaru WRX STi Limited
Base Price: NA

At the recent New York International Auto Show, Subaru introduced the perfect car for a woman who wants to attract a younger man: the STi Limited sedan. Boy racers will love the car’s 293-hp, turbo engine and the STi’s history of success in rally racing. While the regular STi is on sale, discerning women should wait for the Limited to arrive. Its civilized interior--featuring black, leather-trimmed upholstery and heated seats--will be worth the wait.

http://www.forbes.com/2006/04/24/cx_dl_042...?thisSpeed=6000
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
[Image: 3_0425feat.jpg]

You have to be kidding.

ANTHONYD,May 2 2006, 08:08 AM Wrote:You have to be kidding.
[right][snapback]184494[/snapback][/right]

I'd hit it
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
Oh hell yeah....

Right in the tailpipe.
Ooooh... Subie FTW.

I'd throw myself horribly in debt for one.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  So We Have The New Car(s) Narrowed Down. ANTHONYD 40 13,505 05-15-2008, 11:05 AM
Last Post: naz