Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Test Drove A V6 Mustang Convertible
Are you still gona drop the hammer?
"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

darkpuppet,May 18 2006, 08:49 AM Wrote:the v6 may be a copout... but I don't think it's that big of a compromise.. it's not like taking the 4 cylinder over the 5 litre back in the day.  you drop the fogs, some suspension bits, and the LSD, and 100HP and trim 15G off the sticker price.
[right][snapback]188254[/snapback][/right]
FWIW -- there's an extra $800 dealer cash on the Mustang V6 through June 30th. Dealer cash = hidden incentive.

The lease rate is also 2 points lower (7.9% vs 9.95) vs GT.

The residual is also 6 points higher for the V6 convertible vs. coupe.

PM me if you want the dealer cost.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
I'm interested.

I hate to say it, but I honestly think the v6 is the better buy... it's not perfect, but I find it hard to rationalize the GT... sure I love it, I would like to have it.. but the extra cost.. just doesn't seem worth it (or practical).

won't stop them from selling like hotcakes.. they just are... half the problem of buying a vehicle a lot of people want.

But the dealership had a zx4 with the gfx or whatever it's called kit on it.. the trunk wasn't aligned properly.. so someone may get a good deal on it.

p.s. yes, the car I priced out was with the My Color option... which came included with the interior upgrade (satin aluminum trim)... in stock form, the dash switches from white to green when you turn on the headlights.

Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

So your looking at tradin in the supercharged focus for a mustang?
2005 Liquid Grey ZX3 RIP
http://members.cardomain.com/phantom66
Mods so far : Mazda 3 Wiper Arm, Shorty Antenna, Alpine CDA-9887 HU, 17" Enkei Evo6 Hyper Black Nexen N3000 215/45/17
2010 World Rally Blue Subaru Impreza WRX STi
Doesnt vortech make a kit for the v6 anyway... :ph34r:
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
scoobasteve,May 18 2006, 12:10 PM Wrote:Doesnt vortech make a kit for the v6 anyway... :ph34r:
[right][snapback]188334[/snapback][/right]

they say they do, but I don't see anything listed except for the GT.

probably better off that way...

scoobasteve,May 18 2006, 12:10 PM Wrote:Doesnt vortech make a kit for the v6 anyway... :ph34r:
[right][snapback]188334[/snapback][/right]

oh brother here we go.
Why would anybody finance any car for 9% through a dealer? May as well stick it on a credit card if you want to pay that much interest. Pretty sure a bank would do it for 5% these days and more flexible terms too.

EDIT: why the Vortech talk? I though the idea was to get away from "kits" and the things that acompany them? It's all about "out of the box" I thought?
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
2001 ZTS,May 18 2006, 12:55 PM Wrote:Why would anybody finance any car for 9% through a dealer? May as well stick it on a credit card if you want to pay that much interest. Pretty sure a bank would do it for 5% these days and more flexible terms too.

EDIT: why the Vortech talk? I though the idea was to get away from "kits" and the things that acompany them? It's all about "out of the box" I thought?
[right][snapback]188345[/snapback][/right]

Scooba brought it up, not I.

I might save my money for a stereo..

random thought.. did you actually try flooring the v6? maybe they are being tricky with the gas pedal (making 1/2 pedal travel = almost wide open throttle) or something like that to make you feel like it has Madd PoWa

but if you could honestly be ok with a v6 auto stang and all the jokes it will get from 'car guys' then go for it dude!

EDIT: waaay off topic.. but if we are taking 'image' and 'lifestyle' cars how can we not include the pinnacle of that category.. the automatic E46 325? with the new body styles coming out i'm sure there are some leftovers on the lot right now that you could get a smoking deal on.. or a certified preowned one even
darkpuppet,May 18 2006, 11:58 AM Wrote:I might save my money for a stereo..
[right][snapback]188346[/snapback][/right]

Is that one of those new Korean cars? Good mpg?
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
BWAHAHAH!

Yes, It's all about "out of the box performance"

No more kits Steve, I'm tired of watching you wreck your wallet trying to keep that car running. :lol:

P.S.

Do car audio on the Focus.
darkpuppet,May 18 2006, 12:58 PM Wrote:
2001 ZTS,May 18 2006, 12:55 PM Wrote:Why would anybody finance any car for 9% through a dealer? May as well stick it on a credit card if you want to pay that much interest. Pretty sure a bank would do it for 5% these days and more flexible terms too.

[right][snapback]188345[/snapback][/right]

Scooba brought it up, not I.

I might save my money for a stereo..
[right][snapback]188346[/snapback][/right]

I like the sound of the stereo install. Are you gonna go with auto or 5spd?

When i was looking at financing. Rates were HSBC 7.74. Scotia 7.99 Royal had a better rate than the two. Can't remember what it was though.
05 Altima SE-R
Steve, Skrew it. Buy a house. End of story, you don't need a Mustang, your cock isn't going to get any bigger.
Especially with a v6... :ph34r: V6 jokes allready haha.
05 Altima SE-R
[Image: 70orestp01.jpg]

Buy one of those! ^^^

Then buy a house.

ANTHONYD,May 18 2006, 01:16 PM Wrote:Buy a house.[right][snapback]188355[/snapback][/right]

Im with this guy.

PS: 8 days till I move in. Woot! :D
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
ANTHONYD,May 18 2006, 01:16 PM Wrote:Steve, Skrew it. Buy a house. End of story, you don't need a Mustang, your cock isn't going to get any bigger.
[right][snapback]188355[/snapback][/right]

you might have missed the part where the cost of ownership between the focus and the mustang is virtually identical between the two.

I keep the focus, pay it off via a line of credit, do the maintenances and stuff that it needs.. if all goes well, for 2 years, it will equal the cost of getting the stang.

So I can buy out the focus... some of it in cash, some of it back on the line of credit.... and spend the next 2 years paying that back, and doing the maintenance it's going to need.

or I can put the cash I was going to put down on the focus on the stang... the payments for the next two years is marginally higher on the order of $5/mo.

Don't get me wrong, I love the focus.. I really do... but it's a complicated car that's going to need a lot of maintenance in the next couple of years (including, but not limited to clutch, timing belt), and not to mention the continuation of performance mod madness. It's do-able, but can I leave the car untouched after I buy it out?

So under the best circumstances, over the next couple of years, the focus is looking to be a money pit.

The mustang clears the slate, and for 2 years costs me the equivalent of having the history channel (buh-bye history channel!). I'll have the troublefree car once again, and I'll make a point of not letting TV shows get their incompetent hands on it.

I've spent a lot of time and effort (and money) on the car to get it to the point it's at (which is pretty darn good IMO), but it's not perfect, and I'll keep dumping money on it until it is.

And then I step back, and I see Anthony's car... 90% stock, but super shiny.

I don't need a uber kitted out car.. I need something that is reliable.. and shiny... and if I can afford a bit of fun.. why not?

I'll still be able to save up my pennies for a real performance machine once I get a house.

[Image: akx.jpg]
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
I guess turning 30, single, thinning hair and such does call for a convertable muscle car.

:lol:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Test Drove An Ecoboost... Drivesthebeast 15 5,763 04-03-2010, 11:36 AM
Last Post: Drivesthebeast
  Test Drive: 2007 Ford Mustang Shelby Gt500 SVT ZX3 4 2,297 06-21-2006, 02:52 AM
Last Post: SVTmonkey