Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free M$ Usb Drive
I never got the email
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
Here are the answers to the four questions:
Q1. How many ways are there to obtain a full Microsoft Windows Desktop license?
Answer:: 2

Q2: Volume License Agreements cover Windows Desktop operating system upgrades only.
Answer: True

Q3: OEM operating system licenses are non-transferable.

Q4: The most cost-effective way to acquire an initial, full underlying Windows Desktop license is preinstalled.

Supposed to be for US only but accepted my Canadian address.
My other ride is your Mom
D-Dub,Mar 6 2006, 06: Wrote:I never got the email
[right][snapback]173585[/snapback][/right]

Did you try re-entering it? It worked for me.
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
do you have to get the answers right?

'cause I said there were 3 ways to get desktop license..figured it was OEM, Retail and VAR, and they said it was on the way in 6-8 weeks
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

darkpuppet,Mar 6 2006, 09:32 PM Wrote:do you have to get the answers right?

'cause I said there were 3 ways to get desktop license..figured it was OEM, Retail and VAR, and they said it was on the way in 6-8 weeks
[right][snapback]173630[/snapback][/right]

Quote:There are two legal ways to acquire a full Windows Desktop license: through your hardware vendor (OEM/System Builder) or Full Packaged Product.
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
And of course the fun non legal way TORRENTS :D
2005 Liquid Grey ZX3 RIP
http://members.cardomain.com/phantom66
Mods so far : Mazda 3 Wiper Arm, Shorty Antenna, Alpine CDA-9887 HU, 17" Enkei Evo6 Hyper Black Nexen N3000 215/45/17
2010 World Rally Blue Subaru Impreza WRX STi
OAC_Sparky,Mar 6 2006, 10:05 PM Wrote:
darkpuppet,Mar 6 2006, 09:32 PM Wrote:do you have to get the answers right?

[right][snapback]173630[/snapback][/right]

Quote:There are two legal ways to acquire a full Windows Desktop license: through your hardware vendor (OEM/System Builder) or Full Packaged Product.
[right][snapback]173638[/snapback][/right]

that's sort of misleading because there are also VAR retailers that will sell you bulk licenses... I guess they're considered OEM/System Builders, but meh.. I wasn't going to verify my answers.

But considering I have 3 fully registered versions of windows in my name, it's about time they returned some of hte love.

darkpuppet,Mar 7 2006, 07:52 AM Wrote:But considering I have 3 fully registered versions of windows in my name, it's about time they returned some of hte love.
[right][snapback]173677[/snapback][/right]

I'd have been happier if the OS were cheaper to buy to start with <_<

I mean if it ships, they'll have spent, I'm guessing somwhere in the neighbourhood of $50 to send me this USB drive (The cost of the drive & S/H)

Knock that off the cost of the OS instead and you'd get a lot more people buying it :rolleyes:

It's actually funny that they're pushing people to "legitimize" on XP when "Vista" is just around the corner (Unless the sticker shock of Vista might be an issue :P)

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Mar 7 2006, 11:46 AM Wrote:It's actually funny that they're pushing people to "legitimize" on XP when "Vista" is just around the corner (Unless the sticker shock of Vista might be an issue :P)

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]173733[/snapback][/right]

because vista is going to require twice the hardware than what XP will run on, and won't sell well the first year.. hell, xp works so well, I'd recommend people wait till Vists SP1 before switching.

Of course Microsoft is making Halo II a Vista-only release on the PC.. yes, a game that ran on a collection of hardware that couldn't run vista is going to require vista when it comes to the desktop.

darkpuppet,Mar 7 2006, 12:42 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Mar 7 2006, 11:46 AM Wrote:It's actually funny that they're pushing people to "legitimize" on XP when "Vista" is just around the corner (Unless the sticker shock of Vista might be an issue :P)

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]173733[/snapback][/right]

Of course Microsoft is making Halo II a Vista-only release on the PC.. yes, a game that ran on a collection of hardware that couldn't run vista is going to require vista when it comes to the desktop.
[right][snapback]173738[/snapback][/right]

...You're kidding M$ actually has the cojones to make Halo 2 Vista only? Well, there goes that purchase :rolleyes: Idiots

Sad part is that aside from the vid card I could run Vista at nearly full throttle right now, but I can't justify the expense for the video card alone that Vista wants (We're talking a $500 vid card, if the specs are accurate <_< )

NefCanuck
Just got this in e-mail today.

Quote:Thank you for your interest in the Mystery Solved Windows licensing promotion. We've received your request for more information to help clarify Microsoft Windows Desktop Licensing pre-loaded on the USB drive. Unfortunately, this Mystery Solved promotion was available in the U.S. only and while supplies last.

Please utilize the online alternative today, by simply downloading* the Windows Desktop Licensing reference files directly at:

http://www.microsoft.com/mysterysolved/corp

To help simplify Windows Desktop Licensing, keep these points in mind:

There are two legal ways to acquire a full Windows Desktop license: through your hardware vendor (OEM/System Builder) or Full Packaged Product.
Volume licensing covers Windows Desktop operating system upgrades only.
OEM operating system licenses live and die with each PC–they are not transferable.

Again, thank you for your interest in Mystery Solved and for helping us spread the word about proper Windows licensing.

Sincerely,
Microsoft Corporation
[Image: 860doigiveadamn2yy.gif]

Prolly Is not a word
Guess i should stop waiting for the free USB key to arrive. Never really thought i'd get one but it was worth a shot.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

Yeah I just got mine too said the same thing. Sure took them long to get back to us.
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
nass,May 26 2006, 03:09 PM Wrote:Yeah I just got mine too said the same thing. Sure took them long to get back to us.
[right][snapback]189776[/snapback][/right]

Guess they figured if they weren't gonna send us one in the first place it didn't matter when we got the email telling us we couldn't have one.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

I was actually wondering where it was the other week... :(
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
nass,May 26 2006, 03:28 PM Wrote:I was actually wondering where it was the other week... :(
[right][snapback]189782[/snapback][/right]
I got the email too.

Looks like it doesn't pay to be properly licensed, or Canadian, in Microsoft's eyes.

I'll keep it in mind when it comes time to "acquire" Vista. :ph34r:
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
lol

i got the same email too!!
Same here. :lol: Sounds good OAC... but... with all their new changes to the OS, it probably calls home regardless of what you 'disable' in the 1000 or so running processes :P .
'14 Escape 2.0t
if you guys want a free one, try the audicanada site. they are giving a 64M usb flash card free for requesting A3 brouchure(sp)
"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

mo_focus,May 26 2006, 06:38 PM Wrote:if you guys want a free one, try the audicanada site. they are giving a 64M usb flash card free for requesting A3 brouchure(sp)
[right][snapback]189830[/snapback][/right]

I can't seem to find that, got a link?
'14 Escape 2.0t