Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Painting...
Heres the issue.

Im looking for silver paint for my Focus. The only code Ive been told is its CD Silver. Is thier any other silvers for Focuses?

Its a 2000.

And if you know where i can get it that would be great.

Canadian tire dosent have it.
I don't think there was any other similar silver colour than CD Silver. If you call the dealer they can give the colour code, but I dont' know if that's an industry code or just a ford code?? Anyone? I guess any body shop should be able to help too, I mean they repaint them after body work has been done right? ;)
2004 SVT 3Dr

STKVSTDA
I think its "TS"

EDIT: Yep, Silver Frost Metallic Clearcoat:TS/M6720

Its on the inside sticker of you driver's door. ;)

I would also like to know where I could pick up this paint for the Airgun.... :unsure:

[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Flofocus,Nov 12 2004, 09:49 PM Wrote:I think its "TS"

EDIT: Yep, Silver Frost Metallic Clearcoat:TS/M6720

Its on the inside sticker of you driver's door. ;)

I would also like to know where I could pick up this paint for the Airgun.... :unsure:
There are two schools of thought on painting your interior to match the outside of your body

1) go to a napa autoparts store that has a paint scanner, they actually drive your car into a bay, and they scan the existing paint on the outside of your car, mix it up and you get it in a spray bomb or in a can.

2) get it done at an authorized body shop that can mix ford cd silver paint.

Now, I got my interior done via #2. They used paint that they would use on the outside of my car, and they clear coated it the same way. My inside pieces are shiny as hell and hard as rock. I love it.
Run your car, not your mouth
I need the paint for the Headlights coming.

Ive seen TS Silver at CanadianTire
Yeah the color code is always on the door sticker, under "Ext color" or something. There's a thread on the focaljet forums that lists all the color codes by year.

CanTire has their little "near match" spraycans in the right color, but they're quite expensive for how much you get. I got a large spray can at a local paint/autobody store, they just need the year, make, and paint code and can mix automotive paints.
Chromey,Nov 13 2004, 10:59 AM Wrote:I need the paint for the Headlights coming.

Ive seen TS Silver at CanadianTire
Are we talking Hellas?

I wouldnt bomb those, I sprayed my grill with the CT stuff and it isnt a perfect match.
I got a pair of Matrix Halos...

If i keep them black ill have to get a Carbon hood to match :)

Hmmm tough call eh.
Chromey,Nov 14 2004, 10:32 AM Wrote:I got a pair of Matrix Halos...

If i keep them black ill have to get a Carbon hood to match :)

Hmmm tough call eh.
I paid a body shop $60 to do my headlights. Matches like it was stock. :D
<a href='http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v76/Flofocus/2bdfbc01.jpg'>[Image: 2bdfbc01.jpg]</a>
woah flow your wheels have so much brake dust on them :D
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
I would recommend getting the headlights painted at a bodyshop if you arent an experienced painter. Remember that these are on the front end of your car, taking bug splatters, etc.. Even just dust on a windy day on the highway is going to sandblast them. I wouldnt do a rattle-can job on those.

It shouldnt be very expensive to have a shop paint them since they're fairly small.
Ditto, take them to a bodyshop. Get your side mirror housings done at the same time...