Poll:
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Your Focus A Problem Car?
My car's been great so far. :)
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
My car has been completely fine. It goes for its 20,000 km check up on Monday and there should be no problems with it :)
Umm..

I'm a little sour right now..but my 05' has had a handful of small things, 1 big thing, and unavoidable s*** after an accident..

-main thing, just a few days ago the tranny blew up on the car at only 24,731km. It was under warranty but still!

-the foglights work sometimes, sometimes not...might be a loose wire? who knows!

-I cant seem to get more then 420km on a tank anymore..no matter if its hwy driving and not being insane on the gas!

-the roof mounted console came loose after about 2 weeks of owning the car...I installed new screws and it's been fine since!

-the newest problem is the leaky hatch! somehow water gets in from the top of the hatch, maybe from the brake light or around the taillights..but every time it rains, I usually gotta vaccuum out an inch of water from the spare tire well!

-my power locks work sometimes, other times i gotta press the button...the fob works but only after 4,5,6 clicks...

..umm there are a few other creaks and groans...but they could be from wear and tear, and lowered suspension so I wont blame ford for everything!
Bought the car at 44,000....ran like a gem for a long time. Started adding bolt-ons, still ran like a gem. Added suspension and rims, handles and corners like there's no tommorow. Only had to replace the front rotors once at about 80,000 km's, and get the A/C serviced and recharged at about 60,000. Other than the electrical gremlins (turned out to be a bad battery that wouldn't fail load tests at CT but would at another shop....go figure), the car is now at 124,000 and been problem free for a long time.

I would love to get another one as a daily driver, and I highly reccomend these cars to everyone who asks me about them. Is the best car I've owned yet.
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
I have nothing but good things to say about my Focus, EXCEPT...
When doing the Suspension the Rear Left Lower swing arm bolt was a BIAAATCH.

Love the car, Just wish I could get good Power outputs from Bolt ons like my Civic.

Love the Style, Handling.

Most Of all Good Forums, Didnt like the Civic Forums, Too many retards.
the SVT has been pretty good, but lately it was having a fuel problem. replaced the fuel pump and filter and its been good since other than that its fine.
'03 Focus SVT
At 148,000km it has been great.

Problems had a couple recalls done other than that it gives me 700km per tank in the summer :P :P :D
2001 SE Sedan
gas mileage King of FocusCanada!

760.8km on 45L
I'll just add that despite the fact that it is OK now finally and I voted "it's been good to me"; that is not enough to make me change my mind. I will not buy another Ford, the first few years were truly that bad.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
I had a few problems with my ZX3 but nothing that couldn't be solved by going to a dealer and getting it solved promply and some goodwill towards the customer but I never got that feeling that they wanted me back as a customer. I would love to own a ZX5 or a Mustang GT as I really like the styling on the new ones but the memories of the bad service continue to haunt me.

Laterz :)
1972 Austin Mini | 1989 Mini30 | 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS
^^Bad dealers make me a sad panda. I really do feel for you guys that seem to have a glut of asshole dealers in and around the GTA.

Except for one incident last January, and that was person-related not car-related, we've never had an issue with our dealer. Even when they merged 2 dealers into one to appease FoMoCoCan... never a glitch, hiccup or missed service appointment.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
PUSHING 72KMS... still no probs... had a fews under warranty... incl. brakes... but those were most likely my fault
2005 ZX4 SOLD! ST; 1992 Mustang 5.0L S/C

[Image: lakemitchellsml.jpg][Image: burnout1sml.jpg]
2000 focus zx3....no problems stock......but with svt swap+mods...always little problems here and there....now its going back to stock(sort of).
SVT Motor Swap into 2000 zx3 with 5spd.
14.9 @ 93MPH
"I am going to run 5's .... I am planning on installing a rocket engine!"
Crazirich,Jul 7 2006, 11:51 AM Wrote:PUSHING 72KMS...  still no probs... had a fews under warranty... incl. brakes... but those were most likely my fault
[right][snapback]196740[/snapback][/right]

I'm sure you mean 72,000 km's right?
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
euro_zx5,Jul 8 2006, 07:54 AM Wrote:
Crazirich,Jul 7 2006, 11:51 AM Wrote:PUSHING 72KMS...  still no probs... had a fews under warranty... incl. brakes... but those were most likely my fault
[right][snapback]196740[/snapback][/right]

I'm sure you mean 72,000 km's right?
[right][snapback]196828[/snapback][/right]

unfortunatly i do.... I put 5000kms on in less than 2 weeks when we went to florida for the last week of june
2005 ZX4 SOLD! ST; 1992 Mustang 5.0L S/C

[Image: lakemitchellsml.jpg][Image: burnout1sml.jpg]
Crazirich,Jul 8 2006, 10:20 AM Wrote:unfortunatly i do....  I put 5000kms on in less than 2 weeks when we went to florida for the last week of june
[right][snapback]196833[/snapback][/right]

You wouldnt believe how quickly I put KMs on my 06... Got it Dec 05/2005 with 177km on it. Just had it in today for another maintenance at 28512km. *sigh* I blow through 5000km in 2-3 weeks on average.

Moving to TO from London should help with that though... not so much commuting anymore.