Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Mustang Chronicles
ZTWsquared,Aug 2 2006, 09:32 PM Wrote:Not to be too pessimistic here ... but I wouldn't count on getting both sets of wheels unless your purchase agreement specifically says so. They will likely tell you that the added cost is a "replacement" cost and not the cost of a second set of wheels and tires in the trunk.

If you've got it in writing than you're okay ... but otherwise don't bet on it.
[right][snapback]200620[/snapback][/right]

I told them explicitly that if the wheels and tires cost over 2g, I fully expect to walk away with both sets. And the price is closer to 3G...

So I'm getting both sets.

I think the 'upgrade' option comes with the purchase of a car that comes with 17's or 18's already...

regardless, the conversations have gone like,

dealership: so would you like summer or all-seasons?
me: well, considering I'm getting to keep the 16's with the stock tires, I'll go with summer tires on the 18's

they can screw this up all they want, but then they'll have a set of 18's on their hands that nobody will want.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

well, supposed to be picking up the car tomorrow.. Just called to see if it's still on.

But I'm wondering... they're gonna make me pay the full price for the wheels, stripe, etc, but that's over 10% of the car that might not be there.

should I still go and pick it up or make them babysit it until it's entirely ready.

I mean, they've had over 2 months to get this stuff organized and they dropped the ball. Do I cave in to oh so badly wanting the damn car or refuse to settle?

darkpuppet,Aug 9 2006, 10:08 AM Wrote:well, supposed to be picking up the car tomorrow.. Just called to see if it's still on.

But I'm wondering... they're gonna make me pay the full price for the wheels, stripe, etc, but that's over 10% of the car that might not be there. 

should I still go and pick it up or make them babysit it until it's entirely ready.

I mean, they've had over 2 months to get this stuff organized and they dropped the ball.  Do I cave in to oh so badly wanting the damn car or refuse to settle?
[right][snapback]201499[/snapback][/right]

You signed a contract, things were to be included. If they aren't there, the car stays on the lot until it does, that's the legal answer.

The answer if you really want the car is, "Take it as is and deal with the crap later" Me? I'd wait, but that's my legal training talking (and the fact that I'm a stubborn SOB when I want to be :P

NefCanuck
^^--- I haven't signed anything....

darkpuppet,Aug 9 2006, 12:55 PM Wrote:^^--- I haven't signed anything....
[right][snapback]201539[/snapback][/right]

Ah, that makes it even simpler. The Pony stays on the lot until its right or no deal, unless they are willing to put the fixes to any defiencies found by you in writing and signed by whoever it is at the dealership who is empowered to sign something like that.

Neat and clean.

NefCanuck
Yup, don't get pushed into anything. This better be the sweetest V6 Stang to ever leave that factory at this rate :D
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
DON'T DRIVE IT OFF THE LOT UNTIL IT'S FINISHED.

You'll NEVER be priority if you do.

I say let them keep it until it's done, bring the FOCUS this weekend to show it off one more time and pick up the Rustang FINISHED the way you want it.
considering I haven't heard back from the dealership yet, it's safe to say it ain't done yet..

the wait continues.

I can imagine getting a car with 500km on it now...

p.s. I'm now 14 days into the 11 day grace period at the end of a lease payment... so I may be asked to cough up more money for the focus.

So it may be make another payment on the focus, make a payment and pick up the stang, or drop off the focus and go carless until it's done.

I may end up going car-less...

darkpuppet,Aug 9 2006, 02:32 PM Wrote:considering I haven't heard back from the dealership yet, it's safe to say it ain't done yet..

the wait continues.

I can imagine getting a car with 500km on it now...

p.s.  I'm now 14 days into the 11 day grace period at the end of a lease payment... so I may be asked to cough up more money for the focus.

So it may be make another payment on the focus, make a payment and pick up the stang, or drop off the focus and go carless until it's done.

I may end up going car-less...
[right][snapback]201558[/snapback][/right]

IT BETTER NOT!

500 HARD MILES.

Imagine a bunch of guys driving YOUR car they way they would drive YOUR car. :o :blink: :huh: :o
looks like I'm getting the car tomorrow.. just the wheels are missing...

buuutt.. the Ford Family pricing scheme they're running now is actually cheaper than the x-plan.. and expires end of August and they can't guarantee the wheels will be in by end of august.

good news is that at least the tires are in... :S

So I'm getting me the car tomorrow.

I guess I'm excited

Rock those stockers Steve. :(

Can't wait to see it!
darkpuppet,Aug 9 2006, 02:25 PM Wrote:looks like I'm getting the car tomorrow.. just the wheels are missing...

buuutt.. the Ford Family pricing scheme they're running now is actually cheaper than the x-plan.. and expires end of August and they can't guarantee the wheels will be in by end of august.

good news is that at least the tires are in...  :S

So I'm getting me the car tomorrow. 

I guess I'm excited
[right][snapback]201579[/snapback][/right]

Sucks that it isn't exactly the way you want it, but as I said before, get stuff in writing and harangue people until it's done right. It may get you labeled a 'PITA' but it's your money, not theirs...

BTW: Anthony, haven't heard the term "Rustang" applied to a Mustang in years. That's one thing Ford learned their lesson on with it. ;)

NefCanuck
Whooo Hooo. I am calling dibs on being driven around by Steve all day with the top down in the passenger seat of his new Mustang.
It's my brithday and I get everything I want.
And it's my party and I'll cry if I want to, cry if I want to.........

And how long does it fawkin take to get anything done these days? How long has the car been on order? Sweet mother of God people are gettin more and more incompetent.

Damn them to hell!
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
^^--- like I said earlier, I've seen skyscrapers go up quicker...

Oh and to respond about your family pricing, this is how stupid Ford is. They didn't tell us that it is the Aplan pricing and we get an additional discount plus we don't have to pay for delivery charges. I priced out a moderate $40k truck (he he) and it would have been almost $27 plus taxes. Why my wife didn't go for a new truck is beyond me.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
meford4u,Aug 9 2006, 02:44 PM Wrote:Oh and to respond about your family pricing, this is how stupid Ford is.  They didn't tell us that it is the Aplan pricing and we get an additional discount plus we don't have to pay for delivery charges.  I priced out a moderate $40k truck (he he) and it would have been almost $27 plus taxes.  Why my wife didn't go for a new truck is beyond me.
[right][snapback]201590[/snapback][/right]

Whoa, that's an insane amount of profit in the price of a truck :blink:

I wonder what a loaded Fusion SEL would go for under your pricing scheme (Just for giggles, I doubt there's anywhere near the same amount of wiggle room)

Lord nearly 50% profit per truck, no wonder Ford is wetting themselves as the price of gas goes up :ph34r:

NefCanuck
Going to the dealership now... apparently they ordered the wrong colour interior and now I get to see if it's something I can live with.

wish I could say I didn't see this comin'.....

id be flipping mad!!!
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
Time to find something similar to what you want at another dealer.
[Image: 860doigiveadamn2yy.gif]

Prolly Is not a word
bluetoy,Aug 9 2006, 07:24 PM Wrote:Time to find something similar to what you want at another dealer.
[right][snapback]201644[/snapback][/right]
Yep.

That and/or make them reorder and cover your payments on the Focus for your inconvenience.

Your money, if they can't provide you with what you ordered, screw'em.

I'm sure they wouldn't be impressed if you decided to pay 400 pesos a month instead of 400 dollars. Force them to honor the deal.

At least if they reorder it as a priority order it the rims will be there on time.
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Mustang Chronicles Pt 3 darkpuppet 44 14,234 09-18-2006, 12:59 PM
Last Post: NefCanuck
  The Mustang Chronicles darkpuppet 23 6,331 08-31-2006, 01:08 PM
Last Post: meford4u