Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why I Love My Focus...
True happenings in the life of my Focus...

#1 - When I set my dome light to come on only when the doors are open, it (not only) comes on whenever the doors are open and whenever it feels like it. Even when I'm cooking on the highway in the middle of the night. It flashes like a strobe light and brings me back to my clubbing days.

#2 - Occaisionally when I am slowing down at a light I can hear a quick electrical *ticking* as if the power locks actuator is going even when the doors are locked.

#3 - My stock 6cd changer ALWAYS has trouble playing cds including errors, no cd error, skipping, hitching and hick-ups...

#4 - My volume knob sometimes increases the volume when I try to decrease and vice versa.

#5 - The drivers seat has a broken rod that protrudes through the seat an directly into my arse cheek when I get out.

I will expand this thread as problems arise.

*ho*hum*
Nice wheels ...

and BTW - your car is
[Image: possessed2.jpg]
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
ac compressor may be going, thats what was replaced in my fucus.. also the power wire harness for it too.. as for the rest of your problems.. idunno ill wait for other people to reply.
My other ride is your Mom
paolo,Sep 7 2006, 08:45 PM Wrote:ac compressor may be going,  thats what was replaced in my fucus..  also the power wire harness for it too..  as for the rest of your problems.. idunno ill wait for other people to reply.
[right][snapback]206092[/snapback][/right]

Ok....
The AC compressor is related to which problem?
ZTWsquared,Sep 7 2006, 08:43 PM Wrote:Nice wheels ...

Thanks!

and BTW - your car is
[Image: possessed2.jpg]
[right][snapback]206091[/snapback][/right]

Maybe I'll refer to my ride as "Linda" :P
Alien-Tek,Sep 7 2006, 08: Wrote:True happenings in the life of my Focus...

#1 - When I set my dome light to come on only when the doors are open, it (not only) comes on whenever the doors are open and whenever it feels like it. Even when I'm cooking on the highway in the middle of the night. It flashes like a strobe light and brings me back to my clubbing days.

#2 - Occaisionally when I am slowing down at a light I can hear a quick electrical *ticking* as if the power locks actuator is going even when the doors are locked.

#3 - My stock 6cd changer ALWAYS has trouble playing cds including errors, no cd error, skipping, hitching and hick-ups...

#4 - My volume knob sometimes increases the volume when I try to decrease and vice versa.

#5 - The drivers seat has a broken rod that protrudes through the seat an directly into my arse cheek when I get out.

I will expand this thread as problems arise.

*ho*hum*
[right][snapback]206088[/snapback][/right]

what year is the car? and what mods (stereo?) do you have? this is stuff you should get checked out... and is not really typical of the focus regardless.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Yeah, never heard of the rolling disco show (unintentional)

You may want to get that looked at.
If the dome light comes on when set to "door", the switch/sensor that tells you the door is open might be faulty. That happened in my old Acadian, only the light wouldn't turn off because the car thought the doors were open all the time.. not sure how the focus tells if the door is open, but there must be a switch somewhere with a loose wire.

As for the seat trying to stab you, I think S2 had that problem with his car and they replaced the seat bottom under warranty.. not sure if that would apply to you. I guess there was a defect in the way they made the seats in certain cars.. maybe send a pm to the member "S2" and ask him about it.

** Please keep off-topic posts in off-topic forums.. thread has been cleaned
what year is the car? and what mods (stereo?) do you have? this is stuff you should get checked out... and is not really typical of the focus regardless.
[right][snapback]206134[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

2002 ZX3, stereo is stock (6006CD). :unsure:
I guess my biggest concern is electrical ticking noise, but I'm a little apprehensive of making a trip to the stealership...er um.. dealership.