Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Everyone Has Told Me To Do...
2001 ZTS,Oct 5 2006, 07:04 PM Wrote:;)
[right][snapback]210336[/snapback][/right]

After this long, thats all you have to say.

Snob, listen, your not better than us.

Ashley, looks really good. :D Im betting Andrew already had the shocks/struts replaced.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
That's a nice drop. I wish the snow gods were a little more forgiving up here so I could have done the same.

Good work!
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
^-- I drove my 1.5" lowered focus to AND from Thunder Bay during a 72 hour blizzard. Yes, we drove the northern route when all you could see was snow in front, and higher snow to the sides..

The only issue with the suspension was the tired neck at hour 10 of the 17 hour drive... mostly caused by the raised frost ridges in the road for hundred km stretches at a time.

a 1" drop doesn't make much difference in clearance, and I've taken my car off road (and over 8" ditches).... it has a lot more clearance.. even lowered than people give it credit for.

I've even accidentally hit speedbumps at speed and never bottomed out (though it was scary!).

As long as you stay away from retardedly low body kits, there's no reason a moderately lowered focus should have troubles with anything.

I may have only put 30,000km on the SHM kit, but it saw everything from smooth and warm weather to -48C and 1000km of studder bumps. The only issue it ever had was the consistency by which a drive wheel would come off the ground pulling out of my underground garage driveway (or going over said 8" ditches).. But the traction control usually ensured there was SOME power going to a grounded drive wheel...
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

What spring do to make a car look alot better, I hope you did an alignment after you put the springs in.
kc focus,Oct 7 2006, 12:10 AM Wrote:What spring do to make a car look alot better, I hope you did an alignment after you put the springs in.
[right][snapback]210521[/snapback][/right]

ALWAYS have an alignment done.

And go easy with weight on the long rides.

Ask DARKPUPPET what a trip to Algonquin a bunch of camping gear did to my tires before a lignment. :lol:

I had slicks on the inside of my rear tires!
^ I've seen that before Anthony, my buddy's Cavi didn't get an alignment, and he had one slick a few months later! :lol:
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
looks much better ashley, although if you get the mirror caps painted body colour it will set off the look more.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.