Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Request For Help To Install Hood Lift
meford4u,Oct 7 2006, 05:48 PM Wrote:(although, I woke up at 430 after a long night of getting paid $55+ per hour to do next to nothing).
[right][snapback]210582[/snapback][/right]

It's a good thing Ford has hard working people like you to help them through these rough financial times. Imagine how pissed they are at paying someone $55 per hour to do absolutely nothing!

At least you do "next to" nothing. :lol: :lol: :lol:
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.
meford4u,Oct 7 2006, 05:48 PM Wrote:
Sundown,Oct 7 2006, 05:36 PM Wrote:if anyones interested.
he's coming to my place monday morning 10 am.
pm I will give you my addy
[right][snapback]210581[/snapback][/right]

great. I can't nail the boy down as my hours are completely the opposite of his and I haven't even seen him yet today (although, I woke up at 430 after a long night of getting paid $55+ per hour to do next to nothing).
Glad someone came to the rescue.
Have fun.
[right][snapback]210582[/snapback][/right]

Ugh, the joys of shift work. Man, you could pay me that much and I still wouldn't take the job...

Gimmie a 9 to 5 government job with paid holidays off :P

NefCanuck
I couldn't understand what exactly we were called in for, nevermind why we were there.
All of a sudden, with the launch coming next week, they sat us down and told us they expect 480 units a shift (times 3 shifts)
I spoke with the plant production manager for our shift about it and we had a good chuckle, knowing that to date, we have only put out 40 good Edges in 1 shift.
Not because of us, but the equipment is worn and dated, no maintenance and no cleaning=dirt in the paint.
So we shall see where things go from here.
But I'll take their money.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
40 good? eges per shift .... how many bad ones?
Below Average Car Club
schade,Oct 8 2006, 06:25 PM Wrote:40 good? eges per shift .... how many bad ones?
[right][snapback]210661[/snapback][/right]
don't know........they can be painted 4 times.......after that>>>scrap.

we tossed 100+ edges and freestars this week due to an issue in automation that caused severe clearcoat sag.

I'll take one of the scrapped units.

My dad used to flip back in the day working Chrysler watching them scrap one in 10 cars. :blink:
Sweet, glad you were all able to get it taken care of!

Wish I could have joined you, but have to work today (boo!)
The new: 2013 Tangerine Scream ST
The old: 2005 ZX4 - MBRP 2.25", Marcy Motorsport CAI. SCT Tuning, Eibach Pro-System
--
Team PITA
A big thank you to Sundown. He managed to install the hood lift kit in under an hour (and get an arm workout too, those rivets were tough SOB's) Photos below:

The kit laid out in the engine bay:

[Image: DSC00133.jpg]

The kit installed:

[Image: DSC00134.jpg]

Sundown standing beside his handiwork:

[Image: DSC00135.jpg]

Once again, big thanks to Sundown and to everyone that offered to help. I can now open and close my hood with only two fingers and no risk of getting decapitated :lol:

NefCanuck
Nice job. Looks real clean. Did you end up doing any color matching on the brackets, I can't tell from the pics.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

nice work boys

Looks good!
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
me or the shock install
lol kidding
Flying through the twisties
SUNDOWN
Sundown,Oct 9 2006, 09:00 PM Wrote:me or the shock install
lol kidding
[right][snapback]210798[/snapback][/right]

Clearly the shock install :P
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

habmann,Oct 9 2006, 08:02 PM Wrote:Nice job. Looks real clean. Did you end up doing any color matching on the brackets, I can't tell from the pics.
[right][snapback]210786[/snapback][/right]

Nope... I could still do something now but I wanted to ensure the easiest install possible (but since you can't even tell from the photos where the mounting brackets are I would say it wasn't a deal breaker). We ended up using a fair bit of masking tape trying to avoid any scratches and we missed a spot that ended up getting a coat of touch up paint :(

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Oct 9 2006, 09:23 PM Wrote:
habmann,Oct 9 2006, 08:02 PM Wrote:Nice job. Looks real clean. Did you end up doing any color matching on the brackets, I can't tell from the pics.
[right][snapback]210786[/snapback][/right]

Nope... I could still do something now but I wanted to ensure the easiest install possible (but since you can't even tell from the photos where the mounting brackets are I would say it wasn't a deal breaker). We ended up using a fair bit of masking tape trying to avoid any scratches and we missed a spot that ended up getting a coat of touch up paint :(

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]210804[/snapback][/right]

Looking at the pics I don't know that i would even bother with touch up paint. Looks like a factory option as it stands right now. And it definately looks better than the stupid yellow prop rod.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Go