Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Is Everyone's Experience With....
ANTHONYD,Oct 16 2006, 08:10 PM Wrote:^^

That's what crappie tire quoted me!
[right][snapback]211821[/snapback][/right]

...Anthony, mi amigo, mi compadre, if you EVER let anyone at CT touch your car, other than you know who, I shall personally spray paint "PW3N3D" on your car in glowing yellow neon paint :lol:

NefCanuck
have a jack at your house? or mind a drive up north? .... buy the parts and i can do it for/with you if wanted
Below Average Car Club
NefCanuck,Oct 16 2006, 08:30 PM Wrote:

...Anthony, mi amigo, mi compadre, if you EVER let anyone at CT touch your car, other than you know who, I shall personally spray paint "PW3N3D" on your car in glowing yellow neon paint :lol:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]211822[/snapback][/right]

Saying that is like saying every mechanic just plain sucks. It's hit or miss, everywhere you go (basically). Different shops and different managers to tell certain people what and how to do things, affect the overall workmanship of every shop. My parents have taken their vehicles to CT and have never had any issues.
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
euro_zx5,Oct 16 2006, 10:18 PM Wrote:

NefCanuck

Saying that is like saying every mechanic just plain sucks. It's hit or miss, everywhere you go (basically). Different shops and different managers to tell certain people what and how to do things, affect the overall workmanship of every shop. My parents have taken their vehicles to CT and have never had any issues.
[right][snapback]211834[/snapback][/right]

Keep putting down CT and we shall see how far that gets you.

You and Flo can't help each other out. Pushing that is. :lol:

And I know who the you know who is.

I would never pay $450+ for my brakes. I'd rather pay over $100k to raise a son and make him into a mechanic to do my brakes for free.

Whose your daddy?
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
Send your boy to North Bay, will you? Our CT service department needs some brain cells, stat. Plus, having another modded Focus in town would be nice :D
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS2Go4Me,Oct 16 2006, 11:11 PM Wrote:Send your boy to North Bay, will you? Our CT service department needs some brain cells, stat. Plus, having another modded Focus in town would be nice :D
[right][snapback]211849[/snapback][/right]

Why would he wanna punish his boy like that?
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

NefCanuck

I'm making a generalization I realize, but based on my own experiences and the experiences of others who I've talked to. I think its more than fair to say several CT shops in the GTA sing from the same rather "unique" songbook of substandard parts and workmanship just above mine (Which is to say it might be right, it might not be, care to lay odds?) :P

NefCanuck
meford4u,Oct 16 2006, 10:53 PM Wrote:

NefCanuck

Keep putting down CT and we shall see how far that gets you.

You and Flo can't help each other out. Pushing that is. :lol:

And I know who the you know who is.

I would never pay $450+ for my brakes. I'd rather pay over $100k to raise a son and make him into a mechanic to do my brakes for free.

Whose your daddy?
[right][snapback]211845[/snapback][/right]

I wish they wouldn't keep giving me the material to do it. I mean I know there are good CT mechanics. But whenever I've had work done at CT, I just keep running across the ones that can't seem to handle parts installation right, resulting in returned trips and spiked blood pressure :rolleyes:

Me push a car? Dude if you want something for one of those "Stupid Home Video Shows" I'll push a car for you, you'll probably die laughing :P

Sad part is that I was forced through two years of autoshop during my schooling (The local school board had some rather "interesting ideas about curiculum :ph34r: ) all that lovely theory crammed into my head that I can't use worth a tinkers damn because fate decided I rolled snake eyes :thumbsdownsmileyanim:

NefCanuck
habmann,Oct 16 2006, 11:21 PM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Oct 16 2006, 11:11 PM Wrote:Send your boy to North Bay, will you? Our CT service department needs some brain cells, stat. Plus, having another modded Focus in town would be nice :D
[right][snapback]211849[/snapback][/right]

Why would he wanna punish his boy like that?
[right][snapback]211850[/snapback][/right]

Because we still hold out that some people are smart enough to move out of the GTA? :huh:

It's a select crowd - you can stay there and feed the grinder if you choose :P
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS2Go4Me,Oct 17 2006, 12:20 AM Wrote:It's a select crowd [right][snapback]211858[/snapback][/right]
Yes, but unfortunately mullets and flannel jackets went out of style 20 years ago.
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
Th oly way I bring my cars into CT is if Aaron works on them. I specify it to the butch behind the counter :P

Tell Aaron I'll pay him 200 and he's got a deal. ;)
"thats what ct quoted me"

:rofl:

Your right meford, Id rather push my car than let some CT kid touch my car.

200???

Buy the parts, take a road trip to Ottawa (less than 200 gas) and I'll teach you a skill for life.

Some kid at Canadaian tire can change breaks, you can. ;)
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
OAC_Sparky,Oct 17 2006, 02:58 AM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Oct 17 2006, 12:20 AM Wrote:It's a select crowd [right][snapback]211858[/snapback][/right]
Yes, but unfortunately mullets and flannel jackets went out of style 20 years ago.
[right][snapback]211862[/snapback][/right]

But when you're a lumber jack those are staples of the industry. :lol:
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

Hey anthony , bring your car to my place , ill change the brakes for you for a pack of smokes !

Front brakes right ?

Only thing i would need you to bring is a 7mm allen wrench , and your pads/rotors of course , i have a jack and stands and the whole 9 yards and it took me 15 minutes a side to change my pads and rotors

Let me know

If you want pm me and ill send you my cell number.
and btw i live in mississauga
I'm with Flo on this one Anthony.

Once you change your front rotors and pads for the first time, you'll never go back to the dealership.

I changed my front brakes for the first time about six months ago (with no one's help) and I was surprised how straight forward it was. I'm an accountant not a mechanic. ;)
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.
Flofocus,Oct 17 2006, 09:15 AM Wrote:"thats what ct quoted me"

:rofl:

Your right meford, Id rather push my car than let some CT kid touch my car.

200???

Buy the parts, take a road trip to Ottawa (less than 200 gas) and I'll teach you a skill for life.

Some kid at Canadaian tire can change breaks, you can.  ;)
[right][snapback]211876[/snapback][/right]

Some kid at Can. Tire? That kid happens to be my son asshole.
And that kid could fabricate a Turbo and do circles around your ass on any car any day.
And then not have to push the car later.
When you get your head out of your ass and actually know what your talking about, then open up your mouth and someone other than your Mom might listen.
Until then, keep your pushing and your comments to yourself.
Backyard mechanic knows all. :lol:

And the offer is not viable Anthony as he is working 7 days a week right now.

When I say kid, i dont just mean your son, Im talking about all the kids there.

and yeah...yeah...I heard all about how great of a mechanic he is, yet your still running a whopping what.....160whp? :lol:

Bring it.
Flofocus,Oct 17 2006, 01:51 PM Wrote:When I say kid, i dont just mean your son, Im talking about all the kids there.

and yeah...yeah...I heard all about how great of a mechanic he is, yet your still running a whopping what.....160whp?   :lol:

Bring it.
[right][snapback]211975[/snapback][/right]
I think the precise word you used that fits the point is "running"

Yep, his car is running.

How's your "running" shoes?

And he's 23 and your 26 and he's a kid?
You da man pop's.

Now that I took care of my neighbour for waking me up, grumpy and all, I am heading back to bed.
Go piss off Anthony/Nos until i get back.

Flofocus,Oct 17 2006, 01:51 PM Wrote:When I say kid, i dont just mean your son, Im talking about all the kids there.

and yeah...yeah...I heard all about how great of a mechanic he is, yet your still running a whopping what.....160whp?  :lol:

Bring it.
[right][snapback]211975[/snapback][/right]
And........and.........your still paying people to blow up your car for you? And create a turbo that blow's itself up?

That's money well spent.

runs great, havent had to do anything to the car for over a month and a bit now. Get with the program. :rolleyes:

I developp and test software for a living, I also have a hobby of working on cars, so like I said, anybody can change fawkin brakes.

im sure your son has those....hobbies.

At the end of the day your son loses the race. That is what matters, not that im 23, or 26, or I have to push a car or not....I win, you lose. Kind of like your sig....making excuses, but never winning anything. :lol:

Loser.

:lol: