Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Duratec Intakes And Exhausts
Unless things go horribly, horribly wrong we'll be scoring the 2007 Focus ZX5 SES I've mentioned in the Focus Talk thread.

I'm looking to hear what everyone is using on their 2.0L/2.3L Duratecs. I know some have the MBRP exhaust (which is my first choice currently), others may have the FocusSport exhaust... so let's hear it! (and literally, let's hear it if you have some clips)

Thanks

Adam
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
I'll be picking up a FocusSport CAI come spring (provided I have the $$$)...

There wasn't a whole lot available for the Duratec's until recently. My advice, wait a bit until they get more competitive Duratec products on the market before you start modding.
Does a shorty anntena count as a mod?? Wink
2006 ZX5 UV red with SAP package

"Two things in life are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not so sure about the universe"
That was my initial idea (hold and wait) but between Marcy Motorsports, FocusSport and Cosworth we have some serious options for intakes already. Plus, Steeda makes a SRI (I believe Nef has this one).

The US has had the Duratecs since 2004 at least, so they've had a few years to develop.

Had you decided on the exhaust? I'm kinda leaning towards Cosworth for the intake at this point.

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
The intake you should get is the focussport intake, that comes with a turbo attached to it :) Couple that with the FS exhaust.

I've been waiting for Volant to produce the air box setup for the Duratec... it should be interesting to see what they come up with!
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
Yeah, I did the Steeda CAI & MBRP, the only combo I've seen to date that's not going to make the Ford dealership suddenly develop hearing loss if I ever have engine trouble :D

I also like this combo because unless you really stand on it you're gonna fly under the popo's radar but you can still shut up the fart canned crowd if you want to :P

NefCanuck
How much was the Steeda SRI? Did you order it from the guys in Brampton or wherever they are?

NOS2Go4Me,Nov 27 2006, 03:16 PM Wrote:How much was the Steeda SRI? Did you order it from the guys in Brampton or wherever they are?
[right][snapback]217642[/snapback][/right]

The total damage was $317.33 taxes in and me picking it up in Milton from the Steeda shop.

NefCanuck
I have a Marcy Motorsport CAI & MBRP on mine.. and I love it!

Can get the CAI through New Edge Performance for $180US + shipping.

If shipping is too much to Canada, you can PM me for more shipping options.

And my stealership actually commented on it when I had it in for service hehe.
The new: 2013 Tangerine Scream ST
The old: 2005 ZX4 - MBRP 2.25", Marcy Motorsport CAI. SCT Tuning, Eibach Pro-System
--
Team PITA
Thanks man!

I've had a quick, informal convo with Walter Marcy re: tuning options and whatnot... I guess it's a toss-up between the MM CAI, the Cosworth CAI and the Steeda SRI.

I'm leaning towards either CAI, but the last I checked... neither of them has a bypass valve. I don't want to entertain hydrolock. However, the dyno-proven ~10HP at the wheels for either CAI is more appealing than the 5-6 WHP of the Steeda SRI.

The exhaust will definitely be the MBRP.

Have had the CAI on for over a year now, and have had no hydrolock issues at all. And I swear one puddle I had to drive through was about as deep as Lake Ontario.

At least on my '05, there is a nice plastic shield under the car (which is a bit of a pain to deal with installing the CAI, or even my clear corners. So unless you submerge the car, water won't get up in there. I did notice on the other half's '02, it doesn't have the shield.

edit:
MM CAI for sale over on FF.. $125+shipping.. 6 months old. Even if you have to get the stuff to clean the filter (K&N), you're still making out like a bandit. No color listed for it.
The new: 2013 Tangerine Scream ST
The old: 2005 ZX4 - MBRP 2.25", Marcy Motorsport CAI. SCT Tuning, Eibach Pro-System
--
Team PITA
hardk0re,Nov 27 2006, 11:22 AM Wrote:The intake you should get is the focussport intake, that comes with a turbo attached to it :)  Couple that with the FS exhaust.
[right][snapback]217584[/snapback][/right]
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
If your car had the Duratec 23, I'd opt for the FS/Cosworth DPower level 1 and MBRP...call it a day

But since it's a Duratec 20, I'd say get the FS intake with itg filter, and an MBRP...
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
Drivesthebeast,Nov 30 2006, 06:15 PM Wrote:If your car had the Duratec 23, I'd opt for the FS/Cosworth DPower level 1 and MBRP...call it a day

But since it's a Duratec 20, I'd say get the FS intake with itg filter, and an MBRP...
[right][snapback]218080[/snapback][/right]

I'm thinking FS or Cosworth and the MBRP, plus an X-Cal2 and a reflash. I just haven't had the "modding talk" with the dealer yet. I don't see it being a problem.

Most of those things can be returned to stock, so it shouldn't be a big deal as you mentioned...besides, the used car manager at Stockfish likes modded/unique cars.

I say whatever you do , go with the MBRP....
Drivesthebeast,Dec 1 2006, 03:44 PM Wrote:Most of those things can be returned to stock, so it shouldn't be a big deal as you mentioned...besides, the used car manager at Stockfish likes modded/unique cars.

I say whatever you do , go with the MBRP....
[right][snapback]218230[/snapback][/right]

And the Sales Manager wouldn't let me leave without all their Roush info! :lol:

I had a beef roti for lunch.

My exhaust sounds pimp.

*im drunk*
ANTHONYD,Dec 1 2006, 07:04 PM Wrote:I had a beef roti for lunch.

My exhaust sounds pimp.

*im drunk*
[right][snapback]218289[/snapback][/right]

Ummm....no doubt... :lol:
ANTHONYD,Dec 1 2006, 07:04 PM Wrote:I had a beef roti for lunch.

My exhaust sounds pimp.

*im drunk*
[right][snapback]218289[/snapback][/right]

Dude, Anthony... you car is the cleanest Focus I know.

Hell you could perform open heart surgery laying the patient in your engine bay with ZERO chance of infection.

But your exhaust note is NOWHERE near sounding "pimp" :lol:

NefCanuck