Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Difference From Gas Companies?
Just curious, is there any difference in the gas (87 octane i guess is the standard gas) between ESSO, Petro Canada, Sunoco, Shell, Cdn Tire ?

are they all exactly the same? What's with the Petro Canada "cleans as you drive" boast and winter gas boast?

Be the change you want to see in this world.
i mix it up between shell 91. and sunoco 94 but ive been told if u can find petro 94 its great gas
02' SONIC BLUE, SVTF #2686 OF 4788
K&N FIPK
SCT XCAL-2 POWERED BY STEEDA
SCREAMIN' DEMON COIL PACK & LIVEWIRES
STEEDA STRUT TOWER BRACE (SONIC BLUE)
STEEDA STS
STEEDA REAR POLY MOTOR MOUNT
DEI HEADER WRAP
MBRP 2.5" EXHAUST
EBC GREENSTUFF PADS
EBC SLOTTED AND DIMPLED ROTORS
RUSSELL STEEL BRAIDED LINES
EURO SVT RIMS 17" General Exclaim UHP
ALPINE H/U

Winter package includes Euro SVT RIMS with Nokian WR'S
Well I go between Esso 87 and Canadian Tire 87. I have never had trouble with either companies fuel. I am sure someone will say something along the line of Only use _______ gas because it has________. But ultimatly its your car and your money. Canadian Tire has great rewards, they practicly pay you to use their fuel. 10X coupons are my friend. The refuel light stays on a little longer when I have one of those. I need to get my money's worth. :P
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
Yup, I use either CDN Tire (for the Crappy Tire cash) or Esso for the Esso points that I convert to RBC Rewards points.

I've gotten quite similar mileage on both companies' gas... and that mileage is quite close to the "manufacturer's estimate" for fuel economy.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
I stick with Shell for the Airmiles and the Easypay pass (Don't have to try and walk into the actual kiosk in the rain/snow, just wave the tag and boom in goes the 87 octane go juice)

NefCanuck
just a reminder to stay away from octanes that your car isn't engineered for.

So if you drive a stock focus, high octane will do you no good (and in fact, could do you harm).
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

94 petro gas is amazing...I could feel the difference when I filled up with it in Montreal. Seriously!
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
I fill up with Shell Vpower 95% of the time, the car runs great on it. the other 5% it gets PetroCan 91 Octane, and doesn't do that badly on it.
'03 Focus SVT
I only use Sunoco 87 (unless I'm out of town and need gas asap), I always found that Crappy Tire gas would last alot less than most others in our 4.0L Ranger. I haven't used their gas since.
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
I usually use Sunoco 94 or Esso 91, depending on which tune I'm running on my Xcal 2.
2004 Ford Focus ZX5 MTX75 - Liquid Grey -

15.7 @ 86mph

1994 Pontiac Trans AM 25th Anniversary 6 spd -

12.3 @ 110mph

2013 Ford Focus ST - Oxford White

1/4 TBD
[Image: image,Burnin1,black,blue.png]